Author Topic: Can not login into roundcube webmail service.  (Read 5124 times)

Offline nishith

Can not login into roundcube webmail service.
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:48:22 AM »
I have configured RoundCube Webmail But after the installation, while trying to login into webmail,i can not.

I want to know that what is the default User Name & Password for webmail login @ first time? Also let me know how to enter into Control Panel of RoundCube,So that I can create users & assign them permissions.

Waiting.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »
i dont mean to be rude but why do people keep asking this?

The first sentence of the introduction on the roundcube website says "RoundCube Webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client"!

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/general-discussion/907-administrator-password-how-can-i-login-first-time.html
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Yann

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »
Quote from: nishith;15617
I have configured RoundCube Webmail But after the installation, while trying to login into webmail,i can not.

I want to know that what is the default User Name & Password for webmail login @ first time? Also let me know how to enter into Control Panel of RoundCube,So that I can create users & assign them permissions.

Waiting.

There is no default login for roundcube. To have your emails to be shown in RC web client, you need to create the email accounts. If you don't know how to create an email accounts, contact your web host (if any). If you're running a mail server of your own, refer to the user manual of your mail server on how to create email accounts. RC is an IMAP web client for already created email accounts. I think this will help you, if not ....

Offline nishith

Problem Solved.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »
Dear All,

I got the solution. Actually,I forgot to modify main.db.php file,which is having main entries of MYSQL.

2nd thing, to enter into Roundcube webmail,you must have valid user name & password.In my case,I am using Sendmail as an MTA. So,i have created a normal user in Linux & by using the same user,i can able to login.

Thanks,
Nishith.
:cool: