Author Topic: Running the SQL Scripts  (Read 4413 times)

Offline FeistyMonkey

Running the SQL Scripts
« on: August 17, 2006, 10:37:51 AM »
I installed the 0.1 Beta 2 and everything went fine after I had php setup right to talk to MySQL. There seems to be a bit of a problem getting the latest version MySQL talking to the latest version PHP on windows, but there is help out there to get it setup.

The problem I had with the sql scripts was they didn't set default values in the Sql5 script. In the Sql4 script they did set default values. So when you add a contact you get a MySQL error because you didn't provide values for some of the fields, like organization, because the field was set to NOT NULL. So I modified the Sql5 scripts to have a default value and everything worked.

If the intent of setting the fields to not null and not providing a default value was so the php calls had to pass all the fields to the sql calls, then there is a problem. I can send the lines of php that fail when called because of not null being set on them.

Thanks
 Todd

Offline FeistyMonkey

Re: Running the SQL Scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:59:57 AM »
Here is the reason why it didn't work for me:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14947

With MySQL 5.0.2 and above on windows the default is set to strict mode. So if you have a field set as NOT NULL and don't supply a default clause then it causes the problem I have.

Thanks
 Todd