Author Topic: Make Copy of Message When Moving to Folder  (Read 3957 times)

Offline jbouklas

Make Copy of Message When Moving to Folder
« on: August 08, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »
I hope I do not post this out of naivety, but it seems that when I drag a piece of mail into a folder, it moves it there rather than making a copy of it there. I would like the ability to still have the message in my Inbox, while copying it into a certain folder.

Oh, and I'd love the ability to make filtering rules, ala GMail (I'm sure I'm the umpteenth person to say this, which doesn't make implementing it any easier).

-Jim

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Make Copy of Message When Moving to Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:01:11 PM »
"it seems that when I drag a piece of mail into a folder, it moves it there rather than making a copy of it there." Thats a bit odd but maybe, as for filtering rules I think there being made, It needs it!

Offline albazilla

Re: Make Copy of Message When Moving to Folder
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »
Compliments for this piece of software! I installed it few days ago and I'm already addicted (horde and squirrelmail are a thing of the past).

But, copying mails instead of moving it's a must, in order to train spam filters like spamassassin...
I really would like to have it implemented too.

Keep up the great job.

Offline rounders

Make Copy of Message When Moving to Folder
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:39:39 AM »
And I second these two requests to have a 'copy message to folder' facility - again, for the reasons already given (training bayesian filters). It's an absolute necessity.

Does anyone know how/where to modify the moving-behaviour?