Author Topic: Pretty "Change Password" patch/module for v0.1RC1(07-7-3), +cPanel, +md5  (Read 53493 times)

oslad

  • Guest
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch/module for Roundcube
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 09:30:40 PM »
are you have a correctly config, see Reply #24 in this topic.

or any more info relation this error?

Offline leopard

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch/module for Roundcube
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 01:36:04 AM »
Quote from: ric
Patched files and all works well until I try to change the password, onceI click SAVE it comes up 'An error occurred will saving'. Any ideas, using Hmailserver.

Also and i get this error :(

oslad

  • Guest
Re: [Update to v0.1-beta2!] A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 08:18:26 AM »
Change Password Patch for Roundcube Mail v0.1beta2 release!
http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=42.msg144#msg144

Offline Adam

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 46
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch/module for Roundcube
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 02:02:58 PM »
Quote from: leopard
Quote from: ric
Patched files and all works well until I try to change the password, onceI click SAVE it comes up 'An error occurred will saving'. Any ideas, using Hmailserver.

Also and i get this error :(

Me too:

Log file gives:

Quote
[21-Aug-2006 18:55:01 +0100] DB Error: DB Error: not found in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.1beta2cp/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 105
I use Ensim..

Ad

oslad

  • Guest
Re: [Update to v0.1-beta2!] A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »
1. Your configuration is incorrect or database permissions incorrectly.

Since the patch for v0.1-beta2 change from 'db_mail_*' to 'db_imap_*', so edit db.inc.php
Code: [Select]
# vi config/db.inc.php

Add these lines, and modify it to accord with your IMAP server.
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_imap_dsn'] = 'mysql://dbuser:your_passwd@localhost/imap_db';
$rcmail_config['db_imap_users_table'] = 'accountuser';
$rcmail_config['db_imap_user_field'] = 'username';
$rcmail_config['db_imap_passwd_field'] = 'password';
$rcmail_config['db_imap_passwd_type'] = '';       // ''-- for Plaintext, 'ENCRYPT', 'PASSWORD'

$rcmail_config['db_imap_dsn'] is the database connect string for IMAP server, such as
"mysql://root@localhost/imap_db"
"mysql://root:pass@localhost/imap_db"
"pgsql://postgres@unix+localhost/imap_db"
"pgsql://postgres:pass@localhost/imap_db"

This tutorial is very helpful:
http://www.vulcanonet.com/soft/index.php?pack=pear_tut

2. Please confirm you can connect to your database, for mysql, try
Code: [Select]
# telnet localhost 3306

Offline asdrhyme

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 04:23:39 AM »
Hi,

When i change password it says successfully changed but stil at login screen it takes the original one.I have created the empty database. If i have to create table inside that please tell me sql for that.Further if you think any other reason for this please let me know.

Best Regards,
ASD Rhyme

oslad

  • Guest
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »
Quote from: asdrhyme
When i change password it says successfully changed but stil at login screen it takes the original one.I have created the empty database. If i have to create table inside that please tell me sql for that.Further if you think any other reason for this please let me know.

Oh, the database named "imap_db" in connect string "mysql://root:pass@localhost/imap_db" is no need to create, just use it directly !

Generally, it has been created while building your SMTP or/and IMAP server(that is, for example, the database contain user's info for postfix and cyrus-imap ).

Offline eghigo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2006, 04:29:15 AM »
Hi Oslad, sorry for my bad english :'( but why you not write a simple text for apply the patch ?
For example:

Open file: XXXX
Search: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and replace with.............
or
add before..........
add after........

Thanks ! ;)

Offline igeoffi

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 02:33:06 PM »
Quote from: eghigo
Hi Oslad, sorry for my bad english :'( but why you not write a simple text for apply the patch ?
For example:

Open file: XXXX
Search: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and replace with.............
or
add before..........
add after........

Thanks ! ;)
you use something like tortoise SVN to apply the patch

Offline eghigo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 03:56:11 AM »
Thank you igeoffi but i don't know to use it ! :-[
I need very simply istructions for apply this patch !  :-\

Offline 123123

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2006, 12:45:27 PM »
Quote from: eghigo
Thank you igeoffi but i don't know to use it ! :-[
I need very simply istructions for apply this patch !  :-\
Me to ???

oslad

  • Guest
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »
Quote from: eghigo

Hi Oslad, sorry for my bad english :'( but why you not write a simple text for apply the patch ?


so sorry to hear that.

In this topic:
Quote
================v0.1beta2================
For more detail, and HOW TO USE THIS PATCH click here

In Reply #17 by me
Quote
if you keep insisting on using Change Password Patch for Roundcube Mail on XP, "WinPatch" is recommended.

If you still don't know howto apply this patch, please download:
Roundcube Mail v0.1beta2 (Change Password Patched)
It is applied the patch already.

Offline Heritz

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 58
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »
Hi,

My server use EXIM as mailserver. I've been looking for the "imap_db" database and I can't find it. So it means that I wont be able to connect and take the user info. I am logged as root looking all the databases in my server, and there is not such "imap_db".

I think you really have a lack of information on this patch. You should post more detailed instructions about how to set it up, requirements and stuff. For example, this patch doesn't seem to work on EXIM, and you are not explaining that.

Have you tried in on EXIM?

Heritz

oslad

  • Guest
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
Quote from: Heritz
My server use EXIM as mailserver. I've been looking for the "imap_db" database and I can't find it. So it means that I wont be able to connect and take the user info. I am logged as root looking all the databases in my server, and there is not such "imap_db".
the "imap_db" just as a example, not really exist on your server. it is created while setup your SMTP/IMAP server, and the name of it determined by yourself.

Quote from: Heritz
I think you really have a lack of information on this patch. You should post more detailed instructions about how to set it up, requirements and stuff. For example, this patch doesn't seem to work on EXIM, and you are not explaining that.

Sorry Heritz, i have no plan to post more detailed instructions about how to set it up, as it so complex that can write one or two books.

Quote from: Heritz
Have you tried in on EXIM?
Postfix is my favorite, but EXIM also support mysql, please google it.

Offline Heritz

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 58
Re: A pretty "Change Password" patch for Roundcube [Update to v0.1-beta2!]
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »
Hi man,

Thanks for your answer. So, what I need is to set up my mail server to work with MySQL database?
Heritz