Author Topic: IMAP authentication failing  (Read 15141 times)

Offline ahuacatlan

IMAP authentication failing
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
I'm using cyrus on Gentoo

When I try to login to roundcube:

Code: [Select]
IMAP Error: Authentication for testuser failed (AUTH): "a000 NO authentication failure
"Authentication for testuser failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Login only available under a layer"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/rcmail/program/include/rcmail.php on line 756

How might I fix this?

Offline ahuacatlan

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
When I change

$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = NULL;
to
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = plain;

the error reduces to:

IMAP Error: Authentication for james failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Login only available under a layer"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/rcmail/program/include/rcmail.php on line 756

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:52:34 AM »
Quote from: ahuacatlan;15927

IMAP Error: Authentication for james failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Login only available under a layer"

It means that you have allowplaintext:no set in imapd.conf, which disables and plaintext authentication mechanism (either protocol specific or PLAIN/LOGIN) unless protected by an external layer (eg. SSL/TLS).

Not mine, just found it here.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline saevar

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 07:49:08 AM »
Quote from: Julius Caesar;16087
It means that you have allowplaintext:no set in imapd.conf, which disables and plaintext authentication mechanism (either protocol specific or PLAIN/LOGIN) unless protected by an external layer (eg. SSL/TLS).

Not mine, just found it here.

Hi i just have here similar problem and courier-imap is accepting plain text auth..
in normal work...5 minutes working normaly and then (logged in) i get connect timeout to browser...
in logs is shown that roundcube cannot auth to imap server, but imap server is working and didnt get request from roundcube to auth...
BTW why is roundcube send login/logout 2-4times in every action i do in browser ? it cannot use 1 imap connection to logged user to every action ?
any suggestion ?

info: apache 2.2.9.5, php 5.2, courier-imapd 4.4.1, os FreeBSD 7.0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:55:36 AM by saevar »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »
request didnt get to the imap server? can you telnet from the webserver to the imap? may be there is a firewall in way or something like that.

not a lot that can be done about the multiple connections as persistent connections arent supported the only possibility is to use something like IMAPProxy.org
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline sam121212

Imap connection timeout
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:27:15 AM »
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:143 (Connection timed out) in /home/turiaic/public_html/www/bwwmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 545
IMAP Error: Could not connect to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXat port 143: Connection timed out

i have a installed my script at RoundCube|Mail : ERROR 501 and trying to access mail server from 203.197.32.138 . no ssl , and config data is perfect . then also i am getting same error again and again , may i know how to rectify this issue

please :(

Offline saevar

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;16312
request didnt get to the imap server? can you telnet from the webserver to the imap? may be there is a firewall in way or something like that.

not a lot that can be done about the multiple connections as persistent connections arent supported the only possibility is to use something like IMAPProxy.org

yeah i can telnet to imap server with no problem ..
that works normaly...
but roundcube don't send req to it (bug ? misconfiguration ? )
saevar