Author Topic: Please Help! "Website cannot display the page-HTTP 500 error" when click on the msg  (Read 10406 times)

Offline legionofsword

Hi Guys,

I am new to RoundCube and just installed it on a WAMP server (based on Windows Server 2003R2). I also installed hMailServer on the same machine as well. Everything was fine during the installation. Sysytem requirements were all detected and OK.

However, after I login to the rouncube (i tried from another networked WinXP PC using IE6 or from the localhost using IE6), I can see the new test msg I sent to the account, but when I click on the messge, it keep loading and show error page that is
" The website cannot display the page, HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error. "

I don't know what cause that. I tried install thunderbird to test the hMailServer. It is perfect. I can see the mail and the body.

Is there anyone or someone from the RoundCube Development Team can explain what the problem is? I actually need this to work. Please HELP!!!!

Thank in advanced

PHP version is above 5.2.
MySql is up-to-date.

Legionofsword

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
check the error log in logs/ that should have some informaiton about what went wrong.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline legionofsword

Thanks John.

I check the log file under log\. it showed me that

[02-Jan-2009 17:46:14] PHP Warning:  domdocument::domdocument() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in C:\wamp\www\roundcubemail\program\lib\washtml.php on line 235

[03-Jan-2009 09:19:03] PHP Warning:  domdocument::domdocument() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in C:\wamp\www\roundcubemail\program\lib\washtml.php on line 235

And I checked iti n the washtml.php file, on line 235 it is
    $node = new DOMDocument('1.0', $this->config['charset']);

The whole block from 231 to 239 is below:

/* Main function, give it untrusted HTML, tell it if you allow loading
   * remote images and give it a map to convert "cid:" urls. */
  public function wash($html) {
    //Charset seems to be ignored (probably if defined in the HTML document)
    $node = new DOMDocument('1.0', $this->config['charset']);
    $this->extlinks = false;
    @$node->loadHTML($html);
    return $this->dumpHtml($node);
  }

Would you have any idea about this (what was wrong)?

Thank you in advance

LegionofSword

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Hi,

I had a quick search around for that error and it looks like there could be a mistake in your php.ini file....

"I used to work with WAMP, and I remember I got the same problem.

I had commented extension=php_domxml.dll, but i had to do it in the php.ini file that was in the apache directory."

If there is a line "extension=php_domxml.dll" in your php.ini then comment it out. PHP5 supports the DOMXML by default and so you dont need to extension.

Offline legionofsword

WOW! Thank you John, mate. After I followed what you said, it works. Excellent! Thanks a lot

:D
Legionofsword

Offline saran8485

HTTP 500 error message
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;15961
check the error log in logs/ that should have some informaiton about what went wrong.

Hi John,

We have an issue with the same error message,We have an application is running on web server.This application is a web based one and it contains a lot of volumes with records in it.

Issue: In this application we have a link called "Edit data" it will take us to the list of volumes inturn when we select a particular volume it will show a list of records in it.Here we have an option "Cancel" button when we hit this it should take us to the previous page but it did not work.Getting the same error message as the other user mentioned(HTTP 500 Website under maint/Website has a prog error).

Surprisingly it does not show this error message for most of the volumes.It happens only when we select a particular volume(in Production,Dev and QA)

I appriciate much for your help.

Thank you very much..
Sankar

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
saran8485 it sounds like the application you are talking about is not Roundcube. or could it be a plugin? I can't think of an "edit data" button in RC. I think you should contact that application's developers for help.

Offline saran8485

Yes this is not related to RC but i need some help in general about this issue..As either this error occurs due to a problem in the code or issue on the server side....

Thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
then i'm afraid your in the wrong place, this is the roundcube fourm not general php help. sorry.

a status code of 500 means internal server error.