Author Topic: 0.2-stable Installation NOT OK Failed opening 'iilConnection.php'  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Napsty

Hello

I'm one step away from a complete Roundcube Webmail installation. I just downloaded the newest version (0.2-stable) and got stuck with the third party checks. Here the output of the checks:

Check for required 3rd party libs

This also checks if the include path is set correctly.
PEAR:  OK
MDB2:  OK
Net_SMTP:  OK
Mail_mime:  OK

Warning: include_once(iilConnection.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/confixx/html/roundcube/installer/utils.php on line 15

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'iilConnection.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/confixx/html/roundcube/installer/utils.php on line 15
iilConnection:  NOT OK(Failed to load lib/imap.inc)
Checking php.ini/.htaccess settings
file_uploads:  OK
session.auto_start:  OK
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode:  OK
mbstring.func_overload:  OK

The include_path is set correctly since it can find the PEAR files... As of now, I don't know why the installation is stuck here and I don't know what to do.
Hope I'll get it to work with your help.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Napsty

0.2-stable Installation NOT OK Failed opening 'iilConnection.php'
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:39:05 AM »
... no ideas around?
Obviously there are a lot of successful installations around...

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:30:19 AM »
Hi Napsty.

The include path is wrong, that is why it cannot find the files. If you look at the top of [rc root]/installer/index.php you can see all the directories that should be added to the path. I am afraid I dont have any suggestions as to why it is not working but hopefully it will give you somewhere to start.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Napsty

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:50:54 AM »
Hey JohnDoh

Thanks so far for the suggestion. I am sure this is the problem.

But as I looked now in the installer/index.php I think it is strange that this code doesn't work:

Code: [Select]
$include_path  = INSTALL_PATH . 'program/lib' . PATH_SEPARATOR;
$include_path .= INSTALL_PATH . 'program' . PATH_SEPARATOR;
$include_path .= INSTALL_PATH . 'program/include' . PATH_SEPARATOR;
$include_path .= ini_get('include_path');

set_include_path($include_path);

With this code it should define a new include_path including the original one from php.ini. Am I right or getting something wrong? :(
Could this be a bug?

I have edited the include_path for this domain like this now and it works:
Code: [Select]
php_admin_value include_path ".:/usr/lib/php:/var/www/roundcube/program/lib:/var/www/roundcube/program:/var/www/roundcube/program/include"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:55:09 AM by Napsty »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »
ahh php_admin_value will be the problem....

"Sets the value of the specified directive. This can not be used in .htaccess files. Any directive type set with php_admin_value  can not be overridden by .htaccess or ini_set(). To clear a previously set value use none as the value. "

Offline Napsty

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:50:32 AM »
Yes, that's correct.

But even when I delete the php_admin_value, so it uses the include path set in the php.ini (.:/usr/lib/php) it doesn't work.
I then get the errors, that no PEAR Files could be found (Warning: include_once(PEAR.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream:).

That's why I decided to use php_admin_value in the vhost config since it didn't work with the standard settings.
How did it work for you? How are your settings?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:57:44 AM »
my php include path is just the default ".:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear" (before RC gets to it) the only php setting i have changed from the defaults is the memory limit. I dont use any per site php config files, only the main one. i have never had any problem with RC setting the include path.

Offline Napsty

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »
Thank you for all your help, JohnDoh.

I figured out, why it didnt work at the begin.
I'm using Debian etch 4.0 and a host panel (Confixx). This host panel has set a default
php_admin_value include_path .
for every host. Even though I created a new manually vhost (outside of the confixx vhosts) the apache configs were all set with this include path.

Of course it worked, when I changed my include_path with php_admin_value, but after the installation, Roundcube gets into problems with that.

So now I commented-out this entry in the causing configuration and now the stardard include_path from php.ini is active.

It works fine now! This thread can be moved or set as closed/solved.