Author Topic: Creating SubFolders  (Read 9678 times)

Offline Erudd

Re: Creating SubFolders
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »
Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I have the save problem.

Every time I try to create a subfolder it says that "An error occurred while saving".

I've checked my dovecot.conf file but I'm completely new to this and I have no idea how to enable maildir.

I tried uncommenting the "mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir" line, but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Offline oldschool

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I have the save problem.

Every time I try to create a subfolder it says that "An error occurred while saving".

I've checked my dovecot.conf file but I'm completely new to this and I have no idea how to enable maildir.

I tried uncommenting the "mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir" line, but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi!

This is not really a roundcube prob.
Google for a dovecot template/setup with maildir support.

Rgds.

Offline Erudd

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
Hi,

I did read quite a lot of documentation and tutorials before posting here, but what I found today finally did the trick.

The tutorial is here: http://www.mill-yard.com/2011/06/centos-dovecot-sendmail-imap-and-maildir/

For anyone having the same problem using Dovecot with Sendmail/Procmail:

1) Edit your Dovecot settings. You can do this either by editing your /etc/dovecot.conf file directly, or through your Webmin, in Servers > Dovecot IMAP/POP3 Server > Edit the configuration file.

Find this line:
Code: [Select]
#mail_location =
Replace it with:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
(Make sure you removed the "#")

2) Stop your Dovecot server then restart it, or else the changes won't be applied. It only takes a few seconds.

3) Edit Procmail settings. Either by adding the 2 following lines at the very beginning of the /etc/procmailrc file directly:
ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

Or through your Webmin, in Servers>Procmail Mail Filter, click on Add new variable setting, then enter the following:

Variable name: ORGMAIL
Value: $HOME/Maildir/
Save.

Then click on Add new variable setting again and enter:

Variable name: DEFAULT
Value: $HOME/Maildir/
Save.

All done! You can now create subfolders in your IMAP account.

Note: Your e-mails may no longer appear on your account, because they are still in the "mail" directory instead of the "Maildir" directory at the root of your username folder. I believe the link above provides a way to transfer old e-mails to the new folder.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:50:06 AM by Erudd »

Offline oldschool

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
Hi!

Nice to see you found a solution.
:D

I use postfix with courier only. So my help is very limited...

Rgds.