Author Topic: Upgrade information  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Tonyrc

Upgrade information
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
When I start my upgrade from V0.1.1 to V2 will my existing email accounts, contacts & sent messages be maintained in the new version, I have saved the web directory and run an SQL backup of the existing database.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Upgrade information
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
As long as you only alter the table stucture in the database, not delete anything then i dont see why you would loose any information. Sent messages are stored on your IMAP server. You said you have a backup any way so you can always restore the DB if you need to.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Tonyrc

Upgrade information
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:17:47 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;16842
As long as you only alter the table stucture in the database, not delete anything then i dont see why you would loose any information. Sent messages are stored on your IMAP server. You said you have a backup any way so you can always restore the DB if you need to.

Thanks for that, I assumed the upgrade would retain most of the data, I will be taking to option to upgrade via the browser after replacing the files in the web directory as per the UPGRADING document.

Offline Tonyrc

Upgrade problem.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
I have followed the upgrade document ending up by running the sql from the mysql.update.sql file. now when I try to open RC I get this error:-
QUOTE:
Warning: require_once(include/rcube_imap.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/my-domain/public_html/webmail/index.php on line 82

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/rcube_imap.inc' (include_path='/home/my-domain/public_html/webmail/:/home/my-domain/public_html/webmail/program:/home/my-domain/public_html/webmail/program/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/my-domain/php') in /home/my-domain/public_html/webmail/index.php on line 82
END-QUOTE:
rcube_imap.inc does not exist in the include sub directory. have I got an incomplete download? or have I missed something?
Can anyone assist Please.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:12:01 PM by Tonyrc »

Offline Tonyrc

another error now
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
Discovered that the index.php had not updated after the upgrade and the first error, so now that I have upgraded index.php I get a blank IE6 screen and on Firefox I get
QUOTE:
Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

END-QUOTE

Do you think I should rename my existing database and go for a new clean install instead?

Offline Tonyrc

HELP Please
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:50:24 AM »
Can anybody assist with this problem Please?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Upgrade information
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 05:38:53 AM »
are you using firefox? a quick search found this The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.. could be worth a try. if you are using ff does the message also occur in other browsers?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Tonyrc

Problem Cured by Hosting Support
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:34 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;16910
are you using firefox? a quick search found this The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.. could be worth a try. if you are using ff does the message also occur in other browsers?

As mentioned above, IE6 gave me a blank screen, FF gave me the error.
But, the problem has been cured by my hosting support man.
The server PHP required a change,
Quote from him:
"The changes were made in the main php configuration file on the server after examining the contents of the script error log."
End-Quote:
exactly what changes were made to cure my problem are unknwon. All I know is there was nothing wrong with my install and it now works in whichever browser I use.

Offline cowboy

Upgrade information
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 01:36:05 AM »
Quote from: Tonyrc;16952
As mentioned above, IE6 gave me a blank screen, FF gave me the error.
But, the problem has been cured by my hosting support man.
The server PHP required a change,
Quote from him:
"The changes were made in the main php configuration file on the server after examining the contents of the script error log."
End-Quote:
exactly what changes were made to cure my problem are unknwon. All I know is there was nothing wrong with my install and it now works in whichever browser I use.

i got the same error.
Code: [Select]
[root@mail logs]# rpm -qa php
php-5.2.8-1.el5.remi
[root@mail logs]# pwd
/var/www/roundcubemail-0.2-stable/logs
[root@mail logs]#