Author Topic: Password Change  (Read 5811 times)

Offline seanluck13

Password Change
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
Hi,

I went back a month and didn't see this request, which I thought was strange:
A built in password change that doesn't require plesk or cpanel would be very much appreciated.
It's really the only key feature that roundcube is missing. Naturally I would love to see the vacation and forwarding features as well, but they are not as critical.

Roundcube is a gorgeous product, keep up the fantastic work.

Sean.

Offline rosali

Password Change
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:08:42 AM »
RoundCube is a web based mail client. It can't alter the passwords on the IMAP server, because it depends on the way your IMAP server deals with passwords and RoundCube is designed to play nice with any IMAP server. RoundCube roadmap announces a plugin API for v0.3. I'm sure many RoundCube freaks will provide IMAP server specific plugins in future on a common platform.

You can't expect more functionality from RoundCube (CORE) than you get from desktop clients like Outlook(E) or Thunderbird. Also forwarding and out of office replies are things which are typically done by the server backend. Besides the fact, that this features are also handled in different ways depending on the IMAP server you use, you can't assume that a webmail client is "online" all the time to send a out of office replies just in time when a new message arrives.

JohnDoh hosts a patch site (RoundCube Patches). There you'll find a patch which allows you to alter the password by SQL. If your IMAP server stores password in a database you have to adjust the query string and you are done.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:10:19 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali