Author Topic: Filesystem IMAP  (Read 6024 times)

Offline mooseman089

Filesystem IMAP
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:21:47 PM »
Hey guys! I'm psyched for the webmail it looks amazing and I just setup a mail server with postfix and courier-imap. The only problem I have noticed is it seems RC only can work with mysql or some other database :-\ all my emails are stored in maildir format and there is no mysql server involved. Is there any way I can use RC for my mail setup or do I have to find another

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Filesystem IMAP
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »
the mySQL server is to store cached mails taht RC downloads from the IMAP server. EMAILS ARE LEFT ON THE IMAP SERVER (unless deleted). RC uses mySQL to define it's user-base as well as store preferences and other such information on a per-user basis.

If you install RC on your server, make sure you have mySQL running and that's it. Edit the main.inc.php and the db.inc.php file and you're good to go.

Offline mooseman089

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »
AWesome 8) Does roundcube support php5 and mysql5?

Offline yllar

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 04:39:20 AM »
yes
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/#roundcube

Offline mooseman089

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
Alright I setup a mysql5 server and php5 and executed all the sql commands but I have a couple of problems. First is that the only folder is the default inbox none of the other ones in Thunderbird showed up nor the trash folder and when I went to delete an email it said it couldn't move the message and the other problem is that I use smtp-auth with the same login as for imap (its all system users on linux) but because the config files seem to only allow one user I made a system users that can send but I still can't send emails

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:03:52 AM »
I use smtp-auth with the same login as for imap (its all system users on linux) but because the config files seem to only allow one user I made a system users that can send but I still can't send emails
In the config file, just use "%u" and "%p" as the user and password respecitvely and it will insert the users username and password instead of the one yet set.

the only folder is the default inbox none of the other ones in Thunderbird showed up nor the trash folder
Open your preferences. Look at the folder list. Make sure that you're subscribed to the folders.