Author Topic: Session Expired  (Read 29914 times)

Offline monsterjoe

Re: Session Expired
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
Hi. Installed roundcube and had the session expired at login problem.
After a little investigation I found the solution. Maybe it can help other users.
Installed Roundcude on a win 2003 server with iis connecting to mysql on a old sun sparc with linux.
I found that roundcube inserts records in the session table with database server date.
In my case database server time was 30 minutes less than iis and browser date.
Changed database server date and the problem is fixed.
Well. Didn't have the time to browse roundcube code but I think it's a wrong way to handle session expiration.

Offline franzzup

Re: Session Expired
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »
I also kept getting "session expired" errors after upgrading to 0.1-stable. I could login, view an email or two, and would then be disconnected after a few minutes.

In my case, the problem was caused by bug #1484819 http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484819. After applying the regression described there by sirocco, everything is working again.

Looking at the log of my IMAP server (CommuniGate Pro), I can see that Roundcube would attempt to login via IMAP using CRAM-MD5 authentication, fail, fall back to LOGIN authentication, succeed, and perform one operation. This would repeat for several operations, until finally the IMAP server says "too many failed login attempts" and blacklists the IP (localhost) for a short time, so the LOGIN authentication fails as well. Roundcube would then, understandably but incorrectly, report "session expired".

This may be one of several reasons why so many people are seeing the "session expired" problem with the new release.

Franzzup

Offline prune

Session Expired
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
Quote from: monsterjoe;10810
Hi. Installed roundcube and had the session expired at login problem.
After a little investigation I found the solution. Maybe it can help other users.
Installed Roundcude on a win 2003 server with iis connecting to mysql on a old sun sparc with linux.
I found that roundcube inserts records in the session table with database server date.
In my case database server time was 30 minutes less than iis and browser date.
Changed database server date and the problem is fixed.
Well. Didn't have the time to browse roundcube code but I think it's a wrong way to handle session expiration.

I had the same problem, with only 10 mins time difference.
After using NTP to sync the hosts, everything is back again.

There should be something wrong on how the session date is created. It should not rely on the client's time...

tparvais

Session Expired
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 05:25:04 AM »
Hello

in last stable build 0.6, some of my users are still suffering from session timeout.

What's finally the resolution for this annoying issue ?

thank you

Offline myfreexp

Session Expired
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Quote from: tparvais;37478
Hello

in last stable build 0.6, some of my users are still suffering from session timeout.

What's finally the resolution for this annoying issue ?

thank you

As I just encountered it myself when composing a longer message (and lost a lot of text) - same question. RC 0.5.4