Poll

Do you think right click funtionality is a good idea?

es
181 (91.9%)
o
6 (3%)
aybe
10 (5.1%)
on\'t Care / Know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Author Topic: Right Click Functionality  (Read 71962 times)

Offline tsjolshagen

Right Click Functionality
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »
Quote from: dziobak;29538
tsjolshagen: try it with IE.
I have two days old version and everythings ok in ff and ie.

Think you may have missed a salient point regarding using IE on these systems; they're running Linux (no IE)

Offline tsjolshagen

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »
Quote from: ABerglund;29539
No, it's working fine for me. But this sounds suspiciously like a problem I had some time back with a conflict between contextmenu and compose_addressbook, which I see is enabled in the list above. Try disabling compose_addressbook and see if that helps. If so, you may want to verify that compose_addressbook is up to date.

Before I saw this I installed firebug and started disabling plugins in an attempt to locate possible collisions. The plugin that is "colliding" (enabled alongside contextmenu means the UI stalls) is compose_newwindow.

With Firebug installed and compose_newwindow + contextmenu enabled I get one error message:

"uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a"

Hth,

// Thomas

Offline tsjolshagen

When I change the folder and attempt to delete multiple messages from the new folder using right-click, i get the following javascript error:

e is null
http://server/directory/program/js/common.js?s=1281197014
Line 339

Offline tsjolshagen

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2010, 06:54:05 AM »
Quote from: tsjolshagen;29558
When I change the folder and attempt to delete multiple messages from the new folder using right-click, i get the following javascript error:

e is null
Line 339

Also applies when attempting to delete a single message in a new folder

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
Quote from: tsjolshagen;29557

With Firebug installed and compose_newwindow + contextmenu enabled I get one error message:

"uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a"

The bug is in the compose_newwindow please contact the author of that plugin.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2010, 07:35:23 AM »
Quote from: tsjolshagen;29558

e is null
Line 339

This has been fixed in the repo.

Offline mattfox27

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2010, 01:04:58 AM »
Hello i just installed this in RC .4 and it doesn't work.  I tried Firefox and IE i get no right click menu.  Does this work for .4?

I'm new to RC this is how its supposed to look in conf file
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(contextmenu);

Or should it have single quotes ('contextmenu')

I figured it out...im running a plugin called RCguard which opens a Captcha windows after X amount of failed plugins and that kills all my plugins.  Anyone run into this issue?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:13:24 AM by mattfox27 »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2010, 03:19:34 AM »

Offline Cooldown

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2010, 05:25:26 AM »
To all who uses the contextmenu plugin with composenewwindow and got the following error with firebug "uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a" and spend too much time with searching in this forum.

(@offtopic: i hate the captcha and the "answer the question" stuff! This will not prevent the forum from spammers cause the captcha is weak and the questions rotating ... not hard to test against a string. The only thing it does is to prevent users from using the search function with ease)

JohnDoh has given the answer in the following Post http://www.roundcubeforum.net/7-third-party-contributions/46-api-based-plugins/7169-compose-new-window-plugin.html#post29572

To keep Things at one place

Quote from: JohnDoh;29572
[..] The error comes from the JS in the plugin itself, in closewindow.js, this file contains the code which interacts with the context menu. `li.reply :a` and the 3 other similar lines are wrong, take the `:` away and everything works like normal. AFAIK you can’t use selectors like that.

(Jepp there is no :a selector xD)

Btw .. my quick and dirty fix was to replace rcmail.contextmenu_command_handlers = new Object(); with rcmail.contextmenu_command_handlers = ''; in contextmenu.js ^^ works too but as i walked over the source code in contextmenu.js i think this will break the external commands processing.

Just for the record the quick and dirty way seems to work in most cases but i and you should prefer JohnDoh's fix cause this is the source where the error comes from. The Q&D way can cause other problems in other plugins that uses similar functionality.

Regards, Cooldown
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:38:39 AM by Cooldown »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
In my test environment, I'm using the latest version of the plugin (20 Aug 2011) in 0.6-beta. I'm seeing an issue I've seen for quite some time with spinning progress wheel during a "mark message" operation. Can anyone else duplicate this? Here are the steps:

Go to any folder with multiple unread messages. Close the Preview Pane if you use it.

Open one message to view it.

While the message is open, right-click the folder that contains the open message, and select "mark all as read".

In my experience, the progress wheel will drop and spin ("markingmessage"), but it never refreshes the folder list, and the dialog never goes away. You need to click into a different folder to escape the hang, at which point all the messages will have been marked as you requested.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2011, 02:43:01 AM »
thanks Arne, that bug has been fixed.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »
I can confirm. While all the complete package download links seem to pull the same version I was testing, I could copy and paste the two changed files (contextmenu.js and contextmenu.php) from github into my test instance, and the problem is corrected. Thanks!
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline rosali

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2011, 12:20:01 AM »
Yes, it looks like the zip has not been updated. Only the repo version corrects the issue.
Regards,
Rosali

anglebaby

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
Also applies when attempting to delete a single message in a new folder

Offline Schmatze

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »
I'm using roundcube 0.5.4 and if I have contextmenu enabled I can't open the addressbook.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function html_identifier() in /.../plugins/contextmenu/contextmenu.php on line 272