Author Topic: Outlook IMAP <-> Roundcube Syncing?  (Read 12365 times)

Offline carlyman

Outlook IMAP <-> Roundcube Syncing?
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:46:35 PM »
I have recently installed the latest stable version of Roundcube and love the webmail interface.  I do, however, still use Outlook 2007 as my main email program and use webmail when traveling.

When I delete an email via Roundcube, it no longer shows in Outlook.  The problem comes when I delete an email in Outlook, it still shows in Roundcube.  When I try to read this email in Roundcube, it is blank.  When I try to delete the email, I get an error.

Is there something in the setup or config files that I might have incorrectly installed?  Any other thoughts?

I appreciate your help,
JC

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:52:10 AM »
Does it show in an other color in RoundCube (grey)? If so that means that the message has been mark for deletion. You can remove it from view by pressing the option 'Compact' under the list of mailboxes.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:52:52 AM »
Hi. The reason for this is when you delete a message in Outlook it is simply marked as deleted and not actually removed until you purge it (try Edit > Purge Deleted Messages).

Depending on your config these "marked" messages will still show up in RoundCube but grayed out and, I think, with a cross by them. In your personal settings there is a "Do not show deleted messages" option, the default value for this can be set in the main config file.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline carlyman

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
Thanks for your responses.  Unfortunately, I am already purging the deleted emails in Outlook and compacting the emails in Roundcube does not work either.

I also tried choosing to hide deleted emails in Roundcube with no luck.

Other ideas???

Thanks again,
JC