Author Topic: Problem with IMAP to Database Sync  (Read 4651 times)

Offline mafro

Problem with IMAP to Database Sync
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:49:51 AM »
Ive found a bug which I think is caused by a loss of sync between the emails on the IMAP server and the emails stored in the database.

Symptoms
After a few days use, opening an email will actually display the body of a completely different email.

Possible cause
The email in the DB doesnt correspond to one indexed the same way on the server. I dont have a clue how roundcube manages this mechanism - so however it does, there's a loss of synchronisation between the two.

I have a suspicion that my desktop email client is deleting emails from the server (as it correctly should) after a few days. This is probably causing the problem in my case, but ill have to examine my Thunderbird settings later and do some testing to confirm this. Ill post again when ive checked it out.

Tests
1. Viewed email, and saw example of bug.
2. Backed up and emptied messages table in DB.
3. Viewed the same email, and recieved the correct email body.
4. Restored old data back to messages table.
5. Viewed the same email, and the bug has returned!

Solutions?
Is it possible to completely disable the storage of email in the DB? I dont really need it with Webmail..
How does roundcube manage the sync? If someone can give me a description ill have a dig around and try to debug (im a pretty seasoned PHP geek).

Im also pretty sure this bug was apparent in beta1 also.

Cheers all
mafro

Offline falk

Re: Problem with IMAP to Database Sync
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 03:49:27 AM »
Quote from: mafro
Solutions?
Is it possible to completely disable the storage of email in the DB? I don't really need it with Webmail..

Hi,

I started using it yesterday, but from what I read in the forum the FALSE in cache should disable the IMAP -> DB "sync".

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = FALSE; in config/main.inc.php

From the http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=116.msg927#msg927 tread.

Offline mafro

Re: Problem with IMAP to Database Sync
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:25:36 AM »
Cool i have disabled my caching now, which alleviates my problem.

The bug still stands tho - whats the point of caching ALL emails if roundcube cannot "sync" the DB to the IMAP store??