Author Topic: Roundcube, no login possible in chroot areas?  (Read 5678 times)

Offline ghoster1970

Roundcube, no login possible in chroot areas?
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:40:38 AM »
Hello,

I have s special issue regarding RC installment. In case my mailserver is running outside chroot area, everything's ok. Peoples are able to login and are receiving/sending any mails. In case it runs in chroot areas it becomes very strange.
Webserver: Lighttpd 1.4.18

I edit first db.inc.php and do add following

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:$mypass@127.0.0.1/roundcubemail';

Back to browser, it shows me a login and password context. What says, roundcube is connected with mysql database, located outside that chroot.

Back to main.inc.php and edit following:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = '127.0.0.1';
I also tried both with addition of mysql port 3306 [127.0.0.1:3306]

Back to login context in browser, enter *working* username@domain.com and its password. Result is: login failed.
In logfile is this given:
[09-Feb-2008 14:26:39 +0100] IMAP Error: Invalid password

OK, reason for that error message above looks like clear for the first moment.
Have installed squirrelmail for testing that issue, result: login successful.
Server (IMAP, SMTP): 127.0.0.1 - exactly the same server settings, same username and same password...

My question to you is, how to solve this issue for chroot areas? I really won't finish my installment without roundcube, because it is still one of the best webmail applications!

Every helping hand and comments are welcome.

Many thanks,

Greetz Christian

Offline ghoster1970

Re: Roundcube, no login possible in chroot areas?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »
hmmm, no one have an idea what went wrong? No one have ever tried to run roundcube in chroot envionment? hmmm....

Greetz Christian

Offline s3ntient

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
I'm having similar issues :/
I'm using mod_security to chroot apache. In the chrooted env I can't login, if I start apache as normal without the chroot I can login no problem.

Offline me2008

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Hi there,

I have had the same problem and I figured out it has something todo with characterset conversion using the php function iconv().
Copying the /usr/lib/gconv/ directory (debian etch) into the chrooted environment solved the problem.

Carsten

Offline s3ntient

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
Hi me2008,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.

I am on my way to getting it working though, the error I was getting was due to the fact that there was no /etc/hosts file in my chroot env.
I can now semi-connect to my server, but I'm getting this error:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL: Success in /var/www/webmail/htdocs/program/lib/imap.inc on line 464

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in /var/www/webmail/htdocs/program/lib/imap.inc on line 464

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993 (Unknown error) in /var/www/webmail/htdocs/program/lib/imap.inc on line 464
IMAP connect: NOT OK(Could not connect to ssl://localhost at port 993: )

I'm guessing my chrooted env is missing some more stuff, just need to figure out what.

Offline Pixel

Roundcube, no login possible in chroot areas?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
Is there already a solution for the problem above?
I'm also running lighttpd in chroot with PHP running as cgi.

Is there a way I can debug this, so I can discover which files I'm missing?
[13-Mar-2009 00:15:42] PHP Warning:  fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL: Success in /var/www/***/public/webmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 596
[13-Mar-2009 00:15:42] PHP Warning:  fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in /var/www/***/public/webmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 596
[13-Mar-2009 00:15:42] PHP Warning:  fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://127.0.0.1:993 (Unknown error) in /var/www/***/public/webmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 596
[13-Mar-2009 00:15:42 +0100] IMAP Error: Could not connect to ssl://127.0.0.1 at port 993:  (POST /webmail/?_task=&_action=login)
/var/www is actually /webroot/var/www