Author Topic: most required features  (Read 6305 times)

Offline xbipin

most required features
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:21:46 AM »
i have been using squirrelmail from quiet some time now and im sick of it. Round cube is preety good and what i am looking for but i would like it to have some features such as a feature to empty trash folder after certain days when the user logins into the webmail, similar to hotmail but triggered only when the user logins into the webmail. Secondly, there is a plugin in squirrelmail for cpanel hosting which allows u to change the email password and by using it, a script uses curl to login into cpanel and change the password. Similar to it there was a plugin for vacation auto responder that does the same using the cpanle hosting. Thirdly a feature to force single identity with which the user logged in. Fourthly a feature to purge the whole trash folder at once. Fifth, a message filtering feature which can be used to filter mails using subject line so that we can filter SPAM to the trash fiolder, this is to be done when the user logs into the webmail. Sixth, i used a plugin in squirrelmail that used to gets mails from my hotmail account to my webserver, the plugin used a perl script called gotmail which is open source. this script is the main engine and the plugin just used to make use of the gotmail script to get mails from hotmail to webmail.

this is it for now

Offline igeoffi

Re: most required features
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »
for the change pass
we just need to portt this over http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=204

Offline xbipin

Re: most required features
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 07:00:50 AM »
exactly, there is the vacation auto responder plugin for cpanel hosting which also needs to be port. There is also the get hotmail plugin which used the gotmail perl script to get mails from hotmail to round cube