Author Topic: Modal overlays  (Read 6466 times)

Offline andros69

Modal overlays
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
Hi all,

again, not sure if this question belongs here.

When creating a theme, has anybody come across the thought of putting some of the screens in modal windows/overlays instead of as whole screens?

For example. In a application-like environment, it wouldn't be a far-fetched idea for the "settings" and other administrative elements of the application to open up as a modal window instead of a screen. This also would make sense when managing folders, for example. You could argue that composing could be the same functionality (though for this I would rather open up a new browser window).

To me, this would make it feel even more application-like.

I had some thoughts about that for a theme, and was wondering what people's experience was with that, if it can even be done.

Cool. Thanks!

Offline andros69

Modal overlays
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
Anybody know if this is possible? to open some of the screens in modal/overlay windows, instead of full html pages. In this case, the main folder/message view would remain dimmed in the background with whatever screen (i.e. settings) in an overlay.

Wondering how hard this would be to do. It would be one of the main changes I would make if I were to create a theme.