Author Topic: POP Mail Retreival (FetchMail)  (Read 7942 times)

Offline zuckerj

POP Mail Retreival (FetchMail)
« on: August 26, 2006, 01:53:16 PM »
First, great product!

Now to the request.

Secure & Normal POP retreival from other mail accounts [FetchMail].

This is a needed feature to consolidate many mail accounts. Forwarding will not always be sufficient for this purpose.

Jz.

Offline bozhe

Re: POP Mail Retreival (FetchMail)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
 ::)I agree 100%. If RoundCube is to be used by organizations and companies it needs to have a decent set of features consistent with other world-class mail systems: Fetchmail-like retrieval capability, built-in HTML editor, collapsible folders, password changing, etc.

Offline mtrojahn

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:31:12 AM »
I dunno if I agree with you... I know it needs some more features but I like it's actual simplicity. I like to consider it a IMAP client, not a webmail... So I don't like the whole POP3 thing... I actually was looking for quite some time for a nice looking webmail that don't need to cache everything... I hate this whole cache stuff POP3-based webmails need...

But ya... As long they keep the cache like this for IMAP.... No problem having POP3 aswell :)
Marcelus Trojahn

Offline tinus2

Re: POP Mail Retrieval (FetchMail) or added Multiple IMAP support
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »
Hello Forum,

this shouldn't be restricted to POP only, would be nice to control several IMAP accounts as well (e.g. in a small company setting where you have to cover your colleagues mailbox while he is on vacation).

If you know how to accomplish this, would be great if you could post...

Thanks,

Martin

Offline sattlerium

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »
Adding to the tinus2 (the other Martin's) comment, I would really like a "Catch All view."

Lets say I have 3 accounts, for what ever reason. I would like to be able to administer all of them from one view without forwarding, or otherwise messing with the actual accounts. In the same way it would be possible for my buddy who is on vacation to assign access to his 1 account the same way. This view would be a (not so nice and simple looking) super-mash-up of a few accounts (own and others) which I can view from one spot. Does this make sense? Would something like that even be possible?

Thanks to everyone for making this such a FANTASTIC product!

Thanks
(other) Martin

Offline Slug

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 01:04:31 AM »
Quote from: mtrojahn
So I don't like the whole POP3 thing...

Agreed, I don't really care if they never include POP. Besides the mail server I use, and for that matter jzucker, you too supports this feature :P :P

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline amol.l.khade

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
Try using : https://github.com/puzich/RCFetchmail

Its fetchmail for roundcube work with classic Skin.
works for 0.4 RC & above version.
i had check with 0.8.2 version.

Regards.
AMOL KHADE.