Author Topic: keep me logged in  (Read 8545 times)

Offline jaredyeo

keep me logged in
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:47:14 AM »
I've been searching for the past few hours on how to do this but with no result.

When I close my browser and head into my roundcube url, it asks me to re-login. Is there a way to bypass this? i.e. keep me logged in until I click 'log out'.

session killed when browser is closed?

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
keep me logged in
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 05:19:27 AM »
Quote from: jaredyeo;18166
session killed when browser is closed?

AFAIK this is standard behavior. This has to to with the PHP session variables. The only way you can keep your session alive is to use a multi-tab browser and never close the browser, but only the tab where the webmail is in. (And only if you have at least one tab open after closing that tab).
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline jaredyeo

keep me logged in
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:28:12 AM »
Quote from: Julius Caesar;18170
AFAIK this is standard behavior. This has to to with the PHP session variables. The only way you can keep your session alive is to use a multi-tab browser and never close the browser, but only the tab where the webmail is in. (And only if you have at least one tab open after closing that tab).

Thanks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this annoying, especially after being used to gmail for the past few years.. I'm pretty sure theres just a few lines or so to comment out to bypass this..

Offline rosali

keep me logged in
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:04:54 AM »
AFAIK Gmail authenticates by Cookie and not by Session as RoundCube does. This are not just a few lines. Wait for RoundCube 0.3. I'm sure it's easy to implement then by using the announced plugin API.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline jaredyeo

keep me logged in
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »
Quote from: rosali;18173
AFAIK Gmail authenticates by Cookie and not by Session as RoundCube does. This are not just a few lines. Wait for RoundCube 0.3. I'm sure it's easy to implement then by using the announced plugin API.

Thanks guys for clearing things up.

Offline jmeander

keep me logged in
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »
Is that why the login field won't 'remember' the username between sessions? My users are going to be moved from an archaic Squirrelmail install to roundcube, and while the password is never stored in our Squirrelmail config (and I don't ever want it to be as my users are teachers and their students would have a field day with that), the username is remembered and can be auto-completed by the browser. Any way to accomplish that with config settings in RoundCube?

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
keep me logged in
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
Quote from: jmeander;18662
Is that why the login field won't 'remember' the username between sessions?

No that has to do with the option  autocomplete="off" in the file ./templates/login.html.

Change the "off" to "on" and the username and password will be remembered.
Julius Caesar

Offline jmeander

keep me logged in
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »
Gratias, JC. Had that off without even checking :rolleyes: as I'd assumed that it would remember the password as well as the username. Tried and it stores only the username for me (so far) so that's great. It won't EVER store the password, right?

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
keep me logged in
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »
Quote from: jmeander;18670
Gratias, JC. Had that off without even checking :rolleyes: as I'd assumed that it would remember the password as well as the username. Tried and it stores only the username for me (so far) so that's great. It won't EVER store the password, right?

My passwords are remembered, but that might be a browser setting. I have to check that this weekend.
Julius Caesar

Offline jmeander

keep me logged in
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Thanks, that'd be great. I really have to make sure my users' passwords are not stored as all the computers are easily accessible by students at different times.

~J