Author Topic: RC Antispam  (Read 15023 times)

Offline flosoft

• http://flosoft.biz
RC Antispam
« on: July 01, 2006, 07:42:36 AM »
Split from Immediate Delete Topic. We wshould have a button which would teach an own Roundcube Antispam System, or which could teach SpamAssassin.

Offline xoqez

RC Antispam
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »
hi,

i may be new to the roundcube thing but so is roundcube.

one of the things that makes round cube great is the lack of features.

if there was going to be a report as 'spam button' which is a good idea it should interact with spam software on the server and also delete the email or forward it to a different address (depending on the settings)

this means that people using roundcube and a mailclient will not get spam on roundcube but spam on outlook (or mailclient)

i would hate to see round cube get clutter and bulky

thanks
--
Venond; using roundcube since June 2006
www.venond.com

Offline flosoft

RC Antispam
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:04:24 AM »
Quote from: xoqez
hi,

i may be new to the roundcube thing but so is roundcube.

one of the things that makes round cube great is the lack of features.

if there was going to be a report as 'spam button' which is a good idea it should interact with spam software on the server and also delete the email or forward it to a different address (depending on the settings)

this means that people using roundcube and a mailclient will not get spam on roundcube but spam on outlook (or mailclient)

i would hate to see round cube get clutter and bulky

thanks

No, as if it would be teaching SpamAssassin, this is server side. It filters the mails when they are recieved by the server. You just have to set a filter rule on your client, which say: All mails containing *****SPAM***** in the header, should be moved to the folder Spam.

Offline xoqez

RC Antispam
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 07:10:30 AM »
sorry i understand that: what i was trying to say is that the spam fuctionality of roundcube should be basic and spam filtering should be mail server based.

and if there was a 'report as spam' button it should not be training a roundcube based spam filter as this is not a task of mail client.

I can see an issue that if roundcube filterspam from the server that if people login to there mail from a client like outlook they would get the spam(unless roundcube deleted it from the server as well on some kind of cron job?)

the report as spam button was in responce to Prasad007 and flosoft post. The report as spam button is a good idea as my isp uses this and it forwards the spam to an email for people to review and build rules. (this could be done as a skin feature? all it is a forward command with a predefined email).

the spam software i was referring to was something like boxtraper(is that the name) which has a blacklist feature.

"You just have to set a filter rule on your client, which say: All mails containing *****SPAM***** in the header, should be moved to the folder Spam." Is this not already in delevopment(mail rules)? - my server does this automatically so roundcube does not have to it is a standard feature of 'SpamAssassin'.

I hope this explains my previous post.

"yes. Which would teach an own Roundcube Antispam System, or which could teach SpamAssassin" is this a serious comment about round cube antispam system?
--
www.venond.com

Offline flosoft

RC Antispam
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 07:20:40 AM »
Well, I think that before we begin with an Antispam feature, we should start with a Filter System.

Offline xoqez

RC Antispam
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:22:49 AM »
Quote from: flosoft
Well, I think that before we begin with an Antispam feature, we should start with a Filter System.

Agreed!
--
www.venond.com

Offline simoesp

Re: RC Antispam
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »
Quote from: flosoft

I AGREE i'ts better to start with the small thing then the big ones :D hehehe :D
--------------------------------------------------------
 **                       S.I.M.O.E.S.P.                       **
--------------------------------------------------------