Author Topic: Changing the DEFAULT WIDTHS times TWO  (Read 6380 times)

Offline EinfachClicken

• http://www.steinfein.org
Changing the DEFAULT WIDTHS times TWO
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »
SECONDLY and this might actually be a little bug of sorts ... I need to be able to change the physical width of the pane that contains the mailbox folders such as inbox, friends, family, etc.

YES, you can do that on the fly while you're actively working with roundcube, BUT if you change the width of that pane, it still won't display the entire folder names for custom folders properly. For example ... I took the existing folder family and renamed it to:  Familie - Wichtiges
Then I noticed that the whole renamed folder wasn't showing all the way.

No problem, open up the folder pane a little bit, and voila now there was enough space for the entire folder to show properly ... NOT.
Instead the folder showed up like this:  Famil... Wichtiges
... which tells me that I need to alter the physical width within the php file that handles that particular constraint. No, I don't want to make it much bigger so as not to jumble up the rest of the screen, but I do need to have that pane/area at least 50 px wider. I'd really appreciate some help on this. Thanks a bunch in advance.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:08:42 AM by EinfachClicken »
Ever try Ubuntu? It\'s incredible!
After 18 years with Windows, I finally made the switch for free at www.ubuntu.com
Stable, Safe & Reliable - Hundreds of Free Apps - Hundreds of Games[

Offline EinfachClicken

• http://www.steinfein.org
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:07:59 AM »
ANSWERED ...
For anyone who still needs this answer (thanks to Rosali for pointing in the right direction), you'll have to make that adjustment in the mail.html template and *NOT* in the mail.css file. You'll find a line like this in the mail.html template:

Below that, you'll find a portion that reads id="mailboxlist" maxlength="16" /> by default. Those are the amount of physical characters that are going to show from a folders name regardless of how wide you make the pane with all of the folders. So if you want to use longer custom folder names or enable longer folder names for your users, then just change the 16 in maxlength to 25 or whatever. Don't go overboard though because then the block with the folders could get kind'a ugly.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:23:15 PM by EinfachClicken »
Ever try Ubuntu? It\'s incredible!
After 18 years with Windows, I finally made the switch for free at www.ubuntu.com
Stable, Safe & Reliable - Hundreds of Free Apps - Hundreds of Games[

Offline rosali

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:36:24 AM »
Take a look here (http://www.roundcubeforum.net/deutsch/4767-verruckte-grafiken-ist-hier-los.html). It is always the same approach. RoundCube strictly separates: core, html, (core)js and css.

Q: where? A: css!
Regards,
Rosali