Author Topic: (actually 0.3.0btaRequest -> list of upcoming API hook locations for 0.3 development  (Read 6075 times)

Offline chris.shiplett@gmail.com

I've seen somewhere a note that in editions of roundcube past 0.3, the dev team is going to expand the number of locations where hooks exist to plug plugins into. Is there any preliminary list of what those locations are thought to be? and a process for suggesting locations?

My specific project needs to hook into the delete function when a message is deleted permanently from the trash. I've built a hack to accomplish the action I want done when a message is deleted permanently, but, obviously, I'd like to replace the hack with a call back to my plugin.

More info -> I'm tying roundcube into a custom web based document management system I built, and as part of that, I'm downloading attachments to my server from the IMAP server when users download new messages. When they later delete those messages, I want to delete the local version of the attachments, to avoid having orphan attachment files sitting on my server.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline chris.shiplett@gmail.com

I've already seen the Plugin_Hooks page, I use it all the time to review the current hooks. I'm not looking for current hooks, I'm looking for hints as to what future hooks will be in the application. I have subscribed to the mailing list.

Offline rosali

There are no announcements about future plans. Try your luck by a mail to devs list and decribe there requirements of your project. I saw, some hooks were already implemented on request.
Regards,
Rosali