Author Topic: RoundCube and ExtJS  (Read 8077 times)

Offline zelegolas

RoundCube and ExtJS
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
Hi,

Do you planify to use a library like ExtJS?

Check the really nice component it's provide with ExtJS (current version 2.2.1):
Ext JS 2.2.1 Samples

With the version 3.0 they will provide amazing stuff "Ext Designer" check this video:
Designer.2

It's will be very cool to have a RoundCube interface with this type of component!!! :D

Regards

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
RoundCube and ExtJS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:05:49 AM »
RC is using JQuery to help it now, is that the sort of thing you meant? If you want to talk about the various JS libs and their pros and cons then the dev mailinglist is probably the place to do it. the devs dont stop by here very often and they are probably the people you want to talk to.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline zelegolas

RoundCube and ExtJS
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »
I know jQuery is pretty good too. But for graphics components and interfaces I prefere ExtJS it's just amazing.

May be you right this message will interest the developers, but the end user could be interested too, they can give theirs options about what type of interface they would like for RoundCube.

If you think it's better to move this message to the developer section let's do it :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:15:40 AM by zelegolas »

Offline NickatEXTJS

EXTJS/Roundcube
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
I read your post and just wanted to let you guys know we'd love to work with Roundcube. We actually have a couple of great ideas for the site. I'd like to set up a call with you guys if that possible. Or if like you said, maybe that a conversation for the developers, if you could forward me on their information and I could speak with them. Please shoot me an email with your contact info when you get a chance. Thanks

Nick Akins
Nick@EXTJS.com

Offline zelegolas

RoundCube and ExtJS
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »
Hi NickatEXTJS

I'm not a developer of RoundCube. May be JohnDoh can give you some contacts...
But I guess the best it's you register on the dev mailinglist of RoundCube like JohnDoh suggest for me. Unfortunately I don't have time to spend on this project.
I hope you will received a good welcome. I'm sure RoundCube+ExtJS will be a good stuff for both. :)

Regards

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
RoundCube and ExtJS
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:17:43 AM »
If you want to talk to the developers then the dev mailinglist is definatly the place to go.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…