Author Topic: Sieverules (managesieve) plugin  (Read 212889 times)

Offline Pixel

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;19146
Pixel: I think there was a problem with start up in the case when you have no existing file, no default file, and no files to import. This will be fixed in the new version. I use Dovecot version 1.0.15, did your rules show up before you upgraded dovecot, do you still have your rule file etc or are you starting over?

New version should be done this weekend sometime I hope.
That's correct, I wanted to post the same, because I came to the same conclusion.
I added a filter with the Thunderbird manageSieve plugin. When that one was activated, you're plugin worked again.
I got the errors because I cleared my sieve directory, so all existing rules where gone.

Maybe it's an idea to keep old versions online? So I could install the old one?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
The problem with first time use should be fixed in the new version please give it a go. I don't want to keep old versions of the plugins knocking around, atleast not until the API is stable.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Pixel

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »
Great :cool:
Working now.
Maybe it's an idea to set a "enotify" synonym to "notify".
In Dovecot 1.2 notify is replaced by enotify. As far as I can see in the docs, the syntax is the still the same (but still no http support :().

Also I can't create a second rule. Then I get an javascript error on line 420 in the javascript file.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:15:33 AM »
ok this should fix the JS error, I dont have time to test it properly right now but I think it will work: sieverules.js line 29
change:
Code: [Select]
rcmail.env.iid && !rcmail.env.eid
to:
rcmail.env.iid && rcmail.env.iid < rcmail.sieverules_list.rows.length && !rcmail.env.eid

looking at the Dovecot wiki it seems that they have swapped notify for enotify and added imap4flags. as far as i can see the syntax for imap4flags is the same as imapflags. looking at the RFC i think that is true for enotify too. I will add support to the plugin when i get time.

johker

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi there,

i was trying to install this plugin and encountered the following error when clicking on the "Filter" tab:

PHP Error in /var/www/webmail.domain.tld/docs/rcube-0.3beta/program/include/rcube_template.php (342): Error loading template for sieverules.setupsieverules

Error loading template for sieverules.setupsieverules

I am using roundcube 0.3-beta and the latest version of this plugin. I followed the README file for installation instructions.

I'd be glad if someone could help me solve this problem!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »
as it says on the site:

Note: These plugins use the plugin skinning functionality added in r2509 - r2519, after 0.3-beta. Due to changes in the core some plugings may only work with the SVN Trunk version of RoundCube.

If I get I will try and get some old versions of the plugins online which work with 0.3b.

UPDATE: The new version is now available on the website as well as a version for 0.3b
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:00:20 AM by JohnDoh »

johker

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
It works. Thanks for your support!

Offline marklittle

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;19268
ok this should fix the JS error, I dont have time to test it properly right now but I think it will work: sieverules.js line 29
change:
rcmail.env.iid && !rcmail.env.eid
to:
rcmail.env.iid && rcmail.env.iid < rcmail.sieverules_list.rows.length && !rcmail.env.eid

looking at the Dovecot wiki it seems that they have swapped notify for enotify and added imap4flags. as far as i can see the syntax for imap4flags is the same as imapflags. looking at the RFC i think that is true for enotify too. I will add support to the plugin when i get time.

Hey John,

FYI - I was hitting the same bug and this fixed it for me - Cheers!

Just want to say - you have done/are doing, an amazing job.. I am currently using change pw, context menu, and now sieveplugin.

Offline grooverdan

small managesieve incompatibilies in 0.3b
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 03:40:49 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;19279
as it says on the site:
UPDATE: The new version is now available on the website as well as a version for 0.3b

Nice - this works well if other setting plugins like the password plugin are not enabled.

The sieverules (30th May 2009) works well with the rc svn (revision 2577) and the password plugin.

Thanks JohnDoh

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 04:45:02 AM »
Quote from: grooverdan;19343
Nice - this works well if other setting plugins like the password plugin are not enabled.

:s what passowrd plugin are you using and what exactly doesnt work? I have tried it with all my plugins enabled and didnt see anything obvious.

As long as the latest version works I'm not so bothered, I'm not going to change 0.3b now but it would be interesting to know what when wrong.

Offline grooverdan

what the sieverules/password conflict was
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 05:06:53 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;19346
what password plugin are you using
The one that came with the 0.3beta release.

and what exactly doesnt work? I have tried it with all my plugins enabled and didnt see anything obvious.

The url /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.sieverules displays the error PHP Error: Cannot register template handler plugin.body; already taken by another plugin and the page displays the password plugin display without the localization

As long as the latest version works I'm not so bothered, I'm not going to change 0.3b now but it would be interesting to know what when wrong.
That's ok - I wasn't expecting a fix.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:07:37 AM by grooverdan »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 05:48:10 AM »
ah yes, I can see the error now. I think thats actually a bug in the password plugin, it shouldn't register the template handler when it does. It will stop all other plugins which use the default handler from working. I think the handler should only be registered for the password action or nothing else can add handlers.

Offline nmgl

Sieverules plugin
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:04 AM »
Hello.

I'm using roundcube0.3-beta and sieverules associated on a FreeBSD server/php5.2. Sieverules does not work. I have this error:

[error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function show() on a non-object in /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 1162 when I want to create a new rule. I have a blank page.

Tracing enotices error, I have this:
[09-Jun-2009 16:05:20] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: select_id in /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 1162
[09-Jun-2009 16:05:20] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function show() on a non-object in /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/sieverules/sieverules.php on line 1162

Hope this could help you.

Regards,
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:06:50 AM by nmgl »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 06:00:56 AM »
Hi,

Here is a plugin to integrate management of Sieve filter rules into RC. The plugin uses the managesieve protocol to communicate with the server. The original code for this plugin was taken from Alec’s Roundcube managesieve patch Roundcube :: Managesieve plugin (now the managesieve plugin available from the RoundCube repo) I just changed the UI and added a new option or two, Alec did all the hard work! The plugin has been tested with Dovecot-managesieve.

The rule files on the server are written in a certain way that this code can understand so editing rules with other clients will not work.

For more information or to download the plugin please visit RoundCube Patches & Plugins
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:31:26 PM by JohnDoh »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sieverules plugin
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »
Is it possible that you do not have any identities setup in your RoundCube account (Personal settings -> Identities)

I was able to get a similar error by removing all my identities, however, I would like to confirm this is the problem.

Thanks