Author Topic: 0.2.2 Newb: Roundcube installed in wrong directory  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Slowhand

0.2.2 Newb: Roundcube installed in wrong directory
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »
Hi,

I have just been battling with the RC installer on a machine which isn't yet facing the internet and has no DNS pointing at it.

I completed the install but couldn't complete the final tests due to the reasons above.

Now I find that RC is installed in /usr/share/webmail/roundcubemail-0.2.2
Not /usr/share/webmail/ where I wanted it to be.

If I go to mydomain/webmail/roundcubemail-0.2.2/ I can log in fine (although there is only one folder, 'Inbox'...)

Did this happen because I didn't complete the installer properly?

Can I fix it easily? I'd rather not just do it by a sym-link as It might make a mess of my ISPconfig3 setup...

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS...

Slowhand

Offline Slowhand

0.2.2 Newb: Roundcube installed in wrong directory
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
Quote from: Slowhand;19570
Hi,

I have just been battling with the RC installer on a machine which isn't yet facing the internet and has no DNS pointing at it.

I completed the install but couldn't complete the final tests due to the reasons above.

Now I find that RC is installed in /usr/share/webmail/roundcubemail-0.2.2
Not /usr/share/webmail/ where I wanted it to be.

If I go to mydomain/webmail/roundcubemail-0.2.2/ I can log in fine (although there is only one folder, 'Inbox'...)

Did this happen because I didn't complete the installer properly?

Can I fix it easily? I'd rather not just do it by a sym-link as It might make a mess of my ISPconfig3 setup...

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS...

Slowhand

To answer my own question...

From here
Using mv to move the contents of one directory into another - LinuxQuestions.org

I got

First cd to the source directory, then do this:

tar cf - . |(cd /targetdir; tar xvf -)

This is an amazing command: All it once, it creates a tar to standard input, then changes to the target directory and un-tars it on-the-fly. Since it is tar, it maintains all permissions and timestamps, etc. Any existing files in the target would not be affected unless they had the same names, in which case they would be overwritten. But you could tweak the tar switches to change that behavior. I use this all the time. Take care of the syntax: that's a "dash" or minus character after the 'cf', and then the dot character, for current directory. then the pipe character, etc.

So I did sudo su to root
cd to /usr/share/webmail/roundcubemail-0.2.2
then did
tar cf - . |(cd //usr/share/webmail; tar xvf -)
Quick prayer before hitting return...

Seems to have worked.

Can anyone comment on whether I have done the right thing?
Is my install Ok?
Why did this happen?
Shouldn't I see sent/junk/drafts folders? I'm not, only Inbox.

S