Author Topic: Problem with Roundcube, never sends mail (did before update from .1stable)...  (Read 5235 times)

Offline sirbrent

Hello,

I have also posted this info on a cPanel WHM forum, but it may be more relevant here.

hello,

roubecube is the only webmail app enabled for my clients.
it was working like a dream (with the default configuration created by cpanel team), but today when i upgraded to the most recent CURRENT tree, and roundcube was updated to .2-stable, users are no longer able to send email. after composing their emails and clicking send they are faced with the "sending..." notification for about 2 min, and nothing happens.

The Roundcube error log shows this every time a user tries to send an email:

[30-Jan-2009 14:07:11] Invalid response code received from server (421):
[30-Jan-2009 14:07:11] Invalid response code received from server (-1):
[30-Jan-2009 14:07:34 -0800] SMTP Error: SMTP error: Authentication failure: STARTTLS failed (Code: ) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/steps/mail/func.inc on line 1248 (POST /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=send)
[30-Jan-2009 14:10:29] STARTTLS failed ():

Any assistance would be greatly appretiated!

Offline rosali

Do you have access to ./config/main.inc.php? What are the SMTP settings there? Can you compare this settings with the old ones from v0.1 stable?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline hostdimejared

Hello -

This topic is the first hit on google when searching this error.

The solution is to rebuild cPanel's internal PHP.

Code: [Select]

/scripts/makecpphp

Offline techno_matt

Is there some kind of work around instead of rebuilding CPanel? I'm using a WAMP server with Roundcube to connect to my Hosting Providers mail server. I don't think they'll be too willing to recompile CPanel on my behalf.

Offline clecioanderson

/scripts/makecpphp worked for me

Offline techdude

Yea...I'm having this problem too.  I'm on a shared host and I doubt they would do this to help me...is there ANY work around?

Thanks!

Offline Shadowz2000

Hi !
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »
I have the same Problem !

Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks,