News and Announcements > General Discussion

When replying why doesnt the entire message show up?

(1/2) > >>

kakadu:
When replying why doesnt the entire message show up? I wld like to see all the previous messages text that i had in the previous emails..Thanx

JohnDoh:
Sounds like it could be a parsing problem, does the message display ok in the preview and messages view screens? What version of RC are you using? Could you attach the message source? Then we can try and recreate the problem. Thanks

maras:

--- Quote from: kakadu;19707 ---When replying why doesnt the entire message show up? I wld like to see all the previous messages text that i had in the previous emails..Thanx
--- End quote ---

I experience the same problem. It seems that if someone's signature is below "-- ", all below content is cutted out. It means for our users that they cannot keep history of correspondence in their messages.

Is any way out of it?

This problem appeared after roundcube upgrade.

Julius Caesar:

--- Quote from: maras;19757 ---I experience the same problem. It seems that if someone's signature is below "-- ", all below content is cutted out. It means for our users that they cannot keep history of correspondence in their messages.

Is any way out of it?

This problem appeared after roundcube upgrade.
--- End quote ---

The line with "-- " is the signature separator. When replying, everything below that line is truncated. You have several options:

[*]Make sure everyone puts his/her reply below the quoted text. (my personal preference).
[*]Copy the original text below the signature separator and paste it into the reply.
[*]Modify the code to prevent stripping the signature.[/list]

rosali:
I'm not aware of such behavior of RoundCube.

Just a thought: May be your IMAP server is responsible to strip signature parts (delimiter "-- ") according to http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version