Author Topic: Automatic Identity creation  (Read 7371 times)

Offline fabs_pim

Automatic Identity creation
« on: May 31, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »
Hi,

I would like to use roundcube for my default plesk webmail interface.  Everything works fine except, there are no identities created for the user und therefore I'm not able to send mails.

How could I solve this problem?

Offline timtraver

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »
It appears that there may be an ongoing debate about this issue in the trace area.

It appears that there is no solution yet, but when using the automatic account creation for IMAP users, the latest SVN version still does not create a default identity (or any identity), and does not tell the user about it, so the user will not be able to send mail until they figure that out...

So, any decisions on whether or not this will be implemented?

Thanks,

Tim.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
a default identity should be created when the user logs in for the first time. could you please check your error log for any messages? it is in [rc root]/logs/errors
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline DirkT

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »
I am having a similar problem using the "latest beta" V3  download this AM from the website.  Default identity not being created at initial logon.

I get an error 500 on first logon attempt.

This shows up in the logs:
[29-Jun-2009 12:03:45] PHP Warning:  ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output
 handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used after 'URL-Rewriter' in /opt/roundcube3/index.php on line 48

[29-Jun-2009 12:03:48] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function exec_hook() on a non-object in /op
t/roundcube3/program/include/rcube_user.php on line 403

Future log on attempts work with the same account work, their is no identity since the default identity is NOT created at first log on.

Tested with 3 different accounts.

V2 stable had no problems when I did this last week.

Hope that helps!

Offline timtraver

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
There are no entries in the error log when I do a login for a user that does not exist. The user gets properly created in the mysql database, but an identity does not...

I am using the following snapshot :
roundcubemail-trunk-r2628-20090609

I have

$rcmail_config['auto_create_user'] = TRUE;

in the main config file.

hmmm...is it possible that there were foreign key changes to the database in a later version that would create an identity entry automatically in the database?

I see that there is a foreign key constraint on the on the identities table for deletes and updates. I looked in the initial SQL setup files that came with this snapshot, and it doesn't look like I'm missing anything in the DB...

Tim.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:49:17 PM by timtraver »

Offline timtraver

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
looks like after I replaced the SVN with the latest one, that a default identity is indeed now created with the email address only...

Tim.