Author Topic: [Resolved] How to send signature's images in the mail ?  (Read 203217 times)

Offline Gl0ubI

[Resolved] How to send signature's images in the mail ?
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:57:14 AM »
Hello,

I've search forum, but i dont find (or understand ?) how i can tell to RC to send image from HTML signature ?

There is a way to do that ?

I want to make the same thing like Thunderbird with signature HTML : images will be send with mail and are print to screen by the reader.

I hope i was explicit, my english isn't good :(

Thank for reading !
Gl0ubI
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:52:12 AM by Gl0ubI »

Offline pjamedia

How to send signature's images in the mail ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »
Yes, I use an image in my signature in my RC implementation. The source image I placed in a publically accessible folder on my website, but any image hosting site would be fine. You can input html in the signature, so just embed the image using the regular tag.

Cheers, Paul

Offline rosali

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
I believe the guy is thinking about to embed the image as attachment (cid url). This is currently not possible. Your method works, but most clients will block the display of external image.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Gl0ubI

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 04:38:19 AM »
Quote from: pjamedia;19992
Yes, I use an image in my signature in my RC implementation. The source image I placed in a publically accessible folder on my website, but any image hosting site would be fine. You can input html in the signature, so just embed the image using the regular tag.

Cheers, Paul

Yes, I already use this methode :)

Quote from: rosali;19995
I believe the guy is thinking about to embed the image as attachment (cid url). This is currently not possible. Your method works, but most clients will block the display of external image.

Absolutly, now every mail client (or webmail client) block image in default.
I don't find this feature in the roadmap. This feature will be planned in next relase or not (noob question :)) ?

Thanks.

Offline rosali

Regards,
Rosali

Offline Gl0ubI

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »
Quote from: rosali;20011
I have addressed it to the devs.

#1485968 (Replace image urls by cid urls when composing/sending a message) ? RoundCube Webmail

I will follow this ticket.

Thanks !

Offline JeffDeCaf

Image signiature in RC
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:57:43 AM »
Hi There

I tried Paul's method below but when I sent and checked the email the signature just appeared as text. I also found that when I used jpeg image rather than a gif image that it would not appear even in the drafted email.

I'm not very technical but I can get by, I just want explicit instruction as to how I can successfully create an image signature in my RC emails please. No acronyms (what's a 'cid') or technical stuff please ;D

Offline Cooldown

Updates to ticket #1485968
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
Hi guys,

i've posted a workaround for #1485968 (Replace image urls by cid urls when composing/sending a message) ? Roundcube Webmail

It should be possible to implement this as a plugin cause none of the config settings really depends on the situation, so it could be added during "identity edit". Ill think about that. But currently this should be enough to play around with.

PS: im new to this forum, so please do not throw hard stuff at me when you read my post to the ticket.. had to repost it cause "attach file" killed my post -.-

Offline langejan

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 03:43:31 AM »
First of all, I Know this topic is over a year old but it appears on every search i did for this problem.

The reason for this post: A much more easy way to fix this.

Solution: Put the image for your signature(s) in the tinymce's emoticons folder. Roundcube wil automatically turn this into cid: attachments. This way you don't have to edit files.

Hope i can help some people with this workaround.

PS. Sorry for my bad english, it's not my own language.

Offline rosali

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:20:05 AM »
Really good hint:

Step by step:

#1- Copy image into .\program\js\tiny_mce\plugins\emotions\img\your_image.gif
#2- Enable HTML composing
#3- Define HTML signature:

http://roundcubedomain.com/program/js/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/your_image.gif" border="0" alt="Your Title" />
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Rikki_78

What about a user?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
The solution provided in the ticket above is geared toward server admins running RC as a service.  What about folks like us whose email is hosted by a web provider, and RC is the webmail application they offer?

Bottom line is, I can literally copy/paste a .jpg directly into the signature block HTML window.  When I  send an email to myself, and view the email in RC, I see the graphic.  When I send the email to my Hotmail, Yahoo, or even to myself and view it in Outlook (via IMAP), the graphic cannot be seen, no matter what security stuff is disabled (add sender to safelist, "Show attachments", etc).

When we used the same address, but another email provider (SmugMugDomains; a reseller of GoDaddy services), there were no issues.  In the siggy block formatting window (which is HTML-powered), there was a button just for uploading small graphic files for inclusion.  Why wouldn't RC do the same in the latest build?  Seems relatively common and simple...

Offline Silencer

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
Adding a picture by button will just open a popup to insert a link to an image file, that you can also add manually (and which will be blocked anyway). When you paste a picture in directly, this will create a link to the file location on your local PC. This won't be shown on any other machine.
Currently RC is not able of actually embedding (signature) images if you can't use the hack of the users langejan/rosali mentioned above. The ticket in TRAC is still open, so feel free to contribute ;) (http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485968).

BTW: I would also like to see this addressed :).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:49:59 PM by Silencer »

Offline pcanoero

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »
I had this problem today,  first try to dag and drop , then i tried to insert the image clicking in the button to insert html in the compose windows, put the html tags and the image in base 64 with
Base64 Online - base64 decode and encode , it worked fine, but only shows well in roundcube accounts, i tried to send to gmail/hotmail and the image doesnt display and somewhere breaks the code and shows the tags and the data...

I solve it sending a mail from gmail with the embebed image  to my account in roundcube,  :(, and in roundcube  button "More actions" and "Edit as New" and then send the mail like i wanted.

The diference were that in the mail that i sent from gmail the data of the image (in base 64) was after all the mail data and in the body of the mail the tags that referenced that image and some information, and in roundcube the data of the image were in the body between the tags (i dont know if there is a limit here or some caracters breaks the code)..

Regards
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:09:49 AM by pcanoero »