Author Topic: Client side filter plugin  (Read 24990 times)

Offline adureli

Client side filter plugin
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »
I know this has been discussed before, but I would really appreciate if someone could develop a client side filter for e-mails in Roundcube 0.3beta. For example to move all messages containing a prefix to some folder. :)
I think it´s a plugin a lot of people would be interested in using.
Thanks!

Offline peterruiter

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »
There is something allready available called Sieve filtering. You will find the plugin for it on the plugin page.

Offline adureli

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
The sieve plugin is for a server side solution. The email server need to support sieve. I´m asking for a client side solution. Create some rules that are applied locally by roundcube.
Thanks.

Offline AJenbo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
Hi just wanted to mention that i am starting development on a filter plugin, the plan is to support the same filter options as thunderbird and have an optional cron job in addition to running when checking incomming mail.

Offline Muaythaitv

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
Hi AJenbo,

Any news?
Can we help you?

Thanks,
Guillaume.

Offline Gimly

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
Hi all,

Any news about this plugin ?

Offline amoniak

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
I also want to ask again about this possible plugin.

I am using a combination of IMAP / Thunderbird and Roundcube. Ideally my filters from Thunderbird would work in Roundcube too. I'd be willing to contribute financially for such a plugin.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »
if you want to run the same filters in different clients then you really should do the filtering server side.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Gimly

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
For information, I found Client Side Plugin and it work fine with Roundcube 0.7.1 : Roundcube client-side filters plugin | Free Communications software downloads at SourceForge.net
The developer is Roberto Zarelli

Offline cityhunter

Re: Client side filter plugin
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »
hi all :

in 0.8rc got two errors

PHP Fatal error:  Call to protected method rcube_imap::messagecount() from context 'filters' in /plugins/filters/filters.php on line 114
PHP Error: Deprecated hook name. imap_init -> storage_init in /program/include/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 221 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.filters-save?_task=&_action=)

How to fix it ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:58:49 PM by cityhunter »

Offline Muaythaitv

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Don't know but here below the French localization

Code: [Select]
$labels = array();
$labels['filters'] = 'Filtres';
$labels['storedfilters'] = 'Filtres actifs';
$labels['whatfilter'] = 'Filtre';
$labels['searchstring'] = 'Contient';
$labels['moveto'] = 'Déplacer vers';
$labels['from'] = 'De';
$labels['to'] = 'Pour';
$labels['cc'] = 'Copie à';
$labels['subject'] = 'Sujet';

$messages = array();
$messages['nosearchstring'] = "Le champ 'Contient' ne peut pas être vide.";
$messages['successfullysaved'] = "Filtre enregistré avec succès.";
$messages['unsuccessfullysaved'] = "Erreur: filtre non sauvegarder.";
$messages['successfullydeleted'] = "Filtre supprimé avec succès.";
$messages['unsuccessfullydeleted'] = "Erreur: filtre non supprimé.";
$messages['msg_if_field'] = 'Si le champ';
$messages['msg_contains'] = 'contient';
$messages['msg_move_msg_in'] = 'déplacer le message vers';
$messages['msg_no_stored_filters'] = "Il n'y a pas de filtres enregistrés.";

Offline Volnhar

• http://www.andrew.stoker.name/wp
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
Hi,

The fix is fairly simple if this is the only error. You will need to change the old hook from "imap_init" to "storage_init" in the plugin code where it is being created.

Try this and see how you go, should only take a few minutes to do.

hi all :

in 0.8rc got two errors

PHP Fatal error:  Call to protected method rcube_imap::messagecount() from context 'filters' in /plugins/filters/filters.php on line 114
PHP Error: Deprecated hook name. imap_init -> storage_init in /program/include/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 221 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.filters-save?_task=&_action=)

How to fix it ?

Thanks

Offline RvdH

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »
Anyone can help me customize the plugin Gimly referred to above?
That Roundcube client-side filters plugin processes all messages in all folders, i would like it to:

A: process only messages in a defined folder, 'INBOX' for example
B: process only unread messages, so once a message is marked read the filter plugin ignores it.

The reason for this i would like to filter out messages that have [SPAM] and/or [PossibleSpam] added to the subject and move it to the 'JUNK' folder. The filter as is works, but if move a message  back to the 'INBOX' or any other imap folder i might have, next time i open that folder the message is moved to the 'JUNK' folder again.

I have been trying to modify it myself, and have come quite a bit in the direction i would like it to be (using option B above), unfortunately i have not been able to read out the user preference settings to get the last step working. If anyone would like to have a look at the code i have (my changes are commented) and compare to the original and would like to complete, plz let me know
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:57:42 AM by RvdH »

Offline oletros

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
I create a "move2spam" plugin, based in text filter in config.inc.php , actived by button.
See it in attach.

Anyone can help me customize the plugin Gimly referred to above?
That Roundcube client-side filters plugin processes all messages in all folders, i would like it to:

A: process only messages in a defined folder, 'INBOX' for example
B: process only unread messages, so once a message is marked read the filter plugin ignores it.

The reason for this i would like to filter out messages that have [SPAM] and/or [PossibleSpam] added to the subject and move it to the 'JUNK' folder. The filter as is works, but if move a message  back to the 'INBOX' or any other imap folder i might have, next time i open that folder the message is moved to the 'JUNK' folder again.

I have been trying to modify it myself, and have come quite a bit in the direction i would like it to be (using option B above), unfortunately i have not been able to read out the user preference settings to get the last step working. If anyone would like to have a look at the code i have (my changes are commented) and compare to the original and would like to complete, plz let me know

Offline Neowarex

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »
Hi,

for the error PHP Fatal error:  Call to protected method rcube_imap::messagecount() from context 'filters' in /plugins/filters/filters.php on line 114

I just changed messagecount to count and it seems to be working perfectly without errors now. I don't know if this breaks anything since it's just the preliminaries but I wanted to help out.

I hope it helps and if anyone could shed some light on this i'd be very grateful as well since I had this issue and after changing it to count() it was fine.