Author Topic: RoundCube vacation plugin  (Read 64088 times)

Offline peterruiter

RoundCube vacation plugin
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:53:28 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that I ported the SquirellMail vacation plugin to a plugin for RoundCube. This is something that people can easily adjust to their needs.

You can read about it and download it here:
Roundcube webmail – Auto reply plugin ★ Peter Ruiter

If you want to ask me something about the plugin you can do so there as well. I read my comments more often then these forums :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
Hi, please consider adding your plugin to the list here Plugin_Repository ? RoundCube Webmail
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline lacri

• http://www.php-lexikon.de
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:28 AM »
Thanks for your work :)

Offline ian

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
thanks for contributing the plugin!

i'm not sure why you decided to remove the original functionality in the SM plugin that allowed for email forwarding, but i hacked up the plugin a bit to provide that feature. The diff is attached.

Offline peterruiter

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the update ian.
As I said this was just a quick port for me to fit my needs. I'm going on a vacation for the next three weeks and am planning to extend the plugin with multiple identities support and screen messages to the user (Saved, errors... that kind of stuff).

I'll add your diff and clean up the code after that and post an update here on the forums.

P.s. I put a link up on the Trac Wiki.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:39:37 PM by peterruiter »

Offline peterruiter

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 02:51:11 AM »
I updated the package with your diff file Ian. Thanks.

Offline blair.sawler

cpanel addons
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »
Hi

Has anyone gotten this to work with cpanel? Currently I have .2.2 working with [v0.2] cPanel Addon (Password, Forward & Vacation), by nemesis, but want to upgrade to .3 stable.

Looking for some guidance..... thanks!

Offline blair.sawler

RoundCube vacation API plugin with cpanel
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
When I try this plugin, I get error "600" Service unavailable, so I know I am just missing something in the config.

Trying to use this with cpanel, if anyone could assist, as I am sure someone has configured this with cpanel, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Offline jaspersl

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 07:34:35 AM »
Hi Blair,

Both the original plugin (based on Squirrelmail) and the new plugin (rewritten from scratch,  and it supports .forward and SQL drivers for now) can be found at Roundcube Vacation / Autoreply plugin | Get Roundcube Vacation / Autoreply plugin at SourceForge.net

It's fairly easy to add support for Postgresql, LDAP and other backends because of the modular code.

It's still work in progress but I hope you can test version 1.5. That should solve at least one the problems. You can increase log/debug level in main.inc.php

See README.txt for more information on installation and configuration.

I don't know how cpanel interacts with the database, but please post comments and feedback on the Sourceforge project page so I can help out.

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
Quote from: jaspersl;21397
Hi Blair,

It's still work in progress but I hope you can test version 1.5. That should solve at least one the problems. You can increase log/debug level in main.inc.php

See README.txt for more information on installation and configuration.

I don't know how cpanel interacts with the database, but please post comments and feedback on the Sourceforge project page so I can help out.

Thanks! I will ive it a try, and will let you know. Appreciate it!

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »
I downloaded the latest version, but cannot determine how the driver needs to be modified.

Is there any documentation on modifying the drivers for the new plug-ins? I don't see anything on the repository.

One of the mods required with the RC .2XX version was to change the path for cpanel, depending on:

var $path = "webmail/x3/mail";

to point to the proper directory.

I assume this has to be done with

$rcmail_config['setuid']['setuid_executable'] = '/usr/bin/squirrel_stuff';

but I am stuck.

Can anyone share their success with this plug-in and cpanel?

Thanks

Offline jaspersl

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 08:02:59 AM »
Hi Blair,

I have missed your reply, so my apologies for the late reaction.

You have at the moment three ways to get the vacation reply to work:

1) FTP. The .vacation.msg and .forward are uploaded using FTP to the homedirectory. Use this if you have system users.

2) setuid. A special application (setuid bit set) places the .forward and .vacation.msg in the homedirectory of a system user. Use this if you don't have an FTP-server.

3) SQL. The vacation message and the aliases for that to work are stored in an database. Use this if you have virtual users and virtual domains.

Version 1.6.2 has an updated setuid driver, config.inc.php etc.

The squirrelmail_vacation_proxy can be found in the extra/ dir but needs to be recompiled if your Apache user is not 'Apache'. That's a hardcoded setting for extra security.

So if you tell me which driver you intend to use, I can help you out.

Offline DaveQB

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sys_get_temp_dir()
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for this great plugin. I found an issue running on Debian Etch. Maybe a depreciated error.

I get his in the logs:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function sys_get_temp_dir()

I found this with some googling:

https://trac.usvn.info/ticket/364
"The function is only available in PHP 5.2.1. I will backport the function. "

And this is what I am running:

ii  php5                                            5.2.0+dfsg-8+etch15

So that explains it. I will try and edit that line to a hard set "/tmp" maybe. See how we go..

Offline DaveQB

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
Oh the full error line is:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function sys_get_temp_dir() in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.3.1/plugins/vacation/lib/setuid.class.php on line 137

Offline jaspersl

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:23 AM »
Hi,

The page at

Howto_Requirements ? Roundcube Webmail lists PHP 5.2.1 as a requirement for deploying Roundcube.

But the workaround should be fine or you can mimick the behaviour of the missing function by returning /tmp.