Author Topic: [0.2.2] RoundCube crashes Apache  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Bikeman

[0.2.2] RoundCube crashes Apache
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Hello all,

I was spending my sunday trying to setup a mailserver and webmail on my local server.  Installing Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0, MySQL 5.1.36 and hMailServer 5.1.2 on my Windows XP SP3 home server went quite easily and all systems are checked and up and running.

However, installing RoundCube does not go by without a hassle and three things happen:
  • In the first step of the installer wizard, the script appears to crash when checking certain PHP extensions; it returns a malformed HTML document (ends right after the last succesfully tested extension, so no and -stuff etc.).  I have to manually alter the url to go to step 2.
  • When testing the IMAP settings, I get a PHP error stating that it cannot redefine (redeclare?) quoted_printable_encode() in rcube_imap.php.
  • After running the wizard (with the above errors), I delete the Installer-directory on the server and try to access the main page of RoundCube.  When I try this Apache crashes, however.  Checking the error-log of apache gives me this line:
    Code: [Select]
    [Sun Jul 19 22:22:25 2009] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.
I used to have some insights into PHP-scripts some years ago, but these skills have become quite vague now, so my apologies I can't dig any deeper into these issues myself.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bikeman

Offline Bikeman

[0.2.2] RoundCube crashes Apache
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »
As indicated in another thread, I solved my problems (all of them) by reverting back to PHP 5.2.10.

Apparently there are quite some issues with RoundCube 0.2.2 and PHP 5.3.0.