Author Topic: Correct setting for 'default_host'  (Read 4117 times)

Offline cngordon

Correct setting for 'default_host'
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
Installed Roundcube on a Fedora 11 box and love it, but not sure about the config in main.inc.php

If i set $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'; then sent mail seems to arrive from user@localhost.company.com.

If i set $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mail.company.com'; then sent mail seems to arrive from user@mail.comany.com.

I have not tried "company.com" as the setting, as i don't think that would resolve to a mail server because we outsource the hosting of our website.

It appears that you can override this in the personal settings but everyuser who logs into the interface would have to know that.

What's the correct setting for $rcmail_config['default_host'] = ????
or is there another variable that I should also be looking at ?

Cal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:44:36 PM by cngordon »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »
Hi,

default_host is used for setting you imap server, take a look further down the config file for mail_domain i think that will do what you want.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline cngordon

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »
Thanks, will do.

Offline cngordon

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
New question now.

I installed roundcube using the yum install option in Fedora so that i wouldn't have to worry about any pear or pearl dependencies, thus i got version 0.2.1, but i would like the version 0.3.0 beta for the add-ons API.

The upgrade instructions that come with 0.3.0 show what to do for several previous versions, but nothing newer than 0.2-alpha.  Would the 0.2-alpha upgrade instruction be the VERY same for 0.2.1 to ver 0.3.0 ?

Thanks in advance.

Cal G