Author Topic: Issues on Latest Release  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Gusher

Issues on Latest Release
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:30 AM »
I  have tried RoundCube multiple times to try to  install, but the installer won't launch at all. My specs below..

- Windows 2008 Web Edition
- AppServ Stack -Apache,MySQL,PHP version AppServ 2.5.10
- Dedicated server

I followed this tutorial here: hMailServer forum • View topic - HOWTO: Install Roundcube with IIS6 and hMs internal DB

I also want to mention that I did try SquirrelMail and that did install fine. I would probably suggest having an installer made for windows users,but for now will stick with SquirrelMail.

In the near future I still want to try RoundCube, looks sleek.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Issues on Latest Release
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
The RoundCube installer should work fine on Windows what is the error it give you when you try to go to the installer? Your also using a out-dated install guide try using http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Install

Offline Gusher

Issues on Latest Release
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
I did try that guide too, I get no errors from round cube, it just doesn't launch the installer at all. However, I can say that I do get "You do not have permission to view this directory" on the browser at www/mysite/webmail/  ...when I  use that same directory for other webmail it does work...

Quote from: skaero;26065
The RoundCube installer should work fine on Windows what is the error it give you when you try to go to the installer? Your also using a out-dated install guide try using Howto_Install ? Roundcube Webmail

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Issues on Latest Release
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:56:14 AM »
RoundCube does not automatically launch the installer you have to go to http://url-to-roundcube/installer/ to load the installer. If you still can't get to it check the Apache logs.