Author Topic: Hangs (kind of) on "sending message"  (Read 5000 times)

Offline hipsterdoofus

Hangs (kind of) on "sending message"
« on: August 26, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »
Got roundcube installed fine.  In the install everything tested ok.  But when I go in and try to send a message it hangs on the little "sending message window"...that is, it seems to hang, but my message actually goes out...so not sure what is going on.

Offline Attero

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
I also have this problem and would like to know if there is an answer.
Would be nice to see it say, "sorry! can't send" or something.

Offline dano

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »
Only time I have seen this is if RC does not have the Sent folder configured correctly.

Offline Attero

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »
How on earth do you configure the sent folder? I thought the only configuration for the sent folder was the name for it.

Offline William

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Hello

Quote from: hipsterdoofus;13514
Got roundcube installed fine.  In the install everything tested ok.  But when I go in and try to send a message it hangs on the little "sending message window"...that is, it seems to hang, but my message actually goes out...so not sure what is going on.

Take a peek at the error log in /logs it should show the file & line that's failing.  Post it here or research - there is a fix that (I found one referencing a diff version) worked for me.

All the best.
-- William

Offline William

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Greetings

Quote from: Attero;13541
How on earth do you configure the sent folder? I thought the only configuration for the sent folder was the name for it.

Good question and I sincerely hope a dev wanders by sometime soon to respond.  For the time being I've disabled saving sent messgaes because one of my IMAP servers can't play nice with r/cube.

Bon chance
-- William

Offline pavian57

roundcube hangs when sending mail
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
Quote from: hipsterdoofus;13514

i got the same problem and by increasing the memory_limit in php.ini the problem disappeared. i don't know the excat limit, for another application i had to increase to over 200MB. trough this i got back to roundcube to try again and it worked. some on might find the limit for roundcube

have a nice day.

Offline round-dino

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »
Setting memory_limit to 1024M did not make anything better: Still same hang with "Sending Message ...". :(

But Setting

$rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = '';

solved the problem. :)