Author Topic: "Check for new messages" - not working in RC 0.3-RC1 & 0.3-stable  (Read 3593 times)

Offline silviap

Hi,

I have the beta release of RoundCube (0.3-RC1) installed on a CentOS machine and the "Check for new messages" button is not working. It displays "Checking for new messages..." on top of the page, but the list does not refresh.
If I refresh the entire page or if I change the IMAP folder, the new messages appear on the list.

I have seen related tickets on trac, but no patch solves the issue for the 0.3 release.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:12:32 AM by silviap »

Offline silviap

"Check for new messages" - not working in RC 0.3-RC1
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »
I have just downloaded & installed the 0.3-stable version and the "Check for new messages" button (still) does not do anything.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Offline rosali

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »
Do you simultaniously access the mailbox with RoundCube and a Desktop client (f.e. Outlook, Thunderbird)?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline silviap

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:07 AM »
Hi Rosali,

I did have Thunderbird opened, for some other mail accounts, including the account I used to test RoundCube. I closed Thunderbird and now I can see new messages when I click the button.

Thank you for replying!

Offline rosali

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »
To clarify: Thunderbird supports IMAP IDLE. So the IMAP server connects to Thunderbird when a message arrives and the recent flag of the message is toggled. Roundcube checks for recent messages and there is none.
Regards,
Rosali