Author Topic: Register New User Plugin  (Read 15288 times)

Offline solidus23

Register New User Plugin
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have not downloaded MyRoundcube, but it sounds fantastic. I have the latest Roundcube 0.3RC with the API plugin interface. I saw that you have converted many of the MyRoundcube plugins to that format(Is that correct?). I really wanted the register plugin for my setup. I use hMailServer 5. I have it all setup, but nothing appears on the login screen about registering a new account. I saw in the one file for the register plugin that it requires the taskbar plugin, but I am unable to find it. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks.

Offline solidus23

Working... Somwhat?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
Ok I found the taskbar plugin and now I see the register link. Though now when I try to register a user it spits an error saying "Failed to create user." Anyone have any ideas?

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:32:04 AM »
Check RoundCube logs for further informations. Which hMailServer version do you use (5.x)? Did you config appropriate driver in register plugin?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:00:52 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali

Offline solidus23

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
I use hmailserver 5.2 and I believe I did configure the drive, but I will check again. I will let you know if I get it working.

Offline solidus23

Getting Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
Ok I am now able to register a new user but now I have a few questions. Look to the attached images to know what I am talking about.

COMPLETED 1. Does anyone know why I am getting that error? It happens everytime I register a user. I looked through some configs and cant find anything.

COMPLETED 2. Is there a way to implement some type of security for registering users? As it is now a bot or something could register. Can I easily implement an image security code?

COMPLETED 3. Then on the homepage image you see in the top right register, forum, and home. I really only want register. I am not much of a web programmer and do not know how to remove them. Is it possible?

Other than those things everything else seems to be ok. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:54:48 AM by solidus23 »

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:37 AM »
#1- I can't enlarge the screenshots. Please attach as zip or use jpeg and not bmp.

#2- Install captcha plugin.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 06:44:25 AM »
Now I was able to enlarge the screenshots (used firefox). I don't have a clue. Would need to debug it on your server. Can you give me FTP-access to the webmail installation?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline solidus23

Thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »
Hey thanks for your help so far. If I have to I could setup a username for ftp access to my server, but do you think it would work if I sent you a zip of the roundcube folder?

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:28 AM »
FTP (with write permission) would be better, because can use your environment. Need access to roundcube root folder and I need the url to access Roundcube by http. PM'me details.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
Solved. Problem was caused by a driver incompatibilty. This plugin requires hMail 5.2 or 5.1. There is no default driver for 5.0.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline solidus23

Thanks
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »
Hey thanks a lot rosali. I sent you a pm about upgrading my hmailserver to 5.2. basically i want to know if it is easy and will it require a lot of reconfiguring.

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »
Martin (hMail Developer) always makes updating smart. I never had any issues. Normally you don't even have to stop services - hot update. Nethertheless a backup before updating is always recommended!
Regards,
Rosali

Offline rosali

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
Forgot to mention:

Next release of the plugin will contain a hmail db version checker to avoid this trouble!
Regards,
Rosali

Offline wuxinmin_ni

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 02:13:41 AM »
Quote from: solidus23;20610
Ok I found the taskbar plugin and now I see the register link. Though now when I try to register a user it spits an error saying "Failed to create user." Anyone have any ideas?

HI~ first ,i am sorry for my bad English.
i want to ask ,when i want to let users to register by themselves, how can i set up a Button just like “login”。I thought i can find some help in readme in the plugin folder.but not.
so ,can you help?

Offline wuxinmin_ni

Register New User Plugin
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:07 AM »
if you can write back in Chinese ,it will be thankfull