Author Topic: Change /etc/shadow password interest?  (Read 51565 times)

Offline kali

Re: Change /etc/shadow password interest?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »
Quote from: joshenry
Just another thought. Could this be integrated into the tab rather then a popup? I've just been playing with it and I think it would look uber sexy just integrated directly into the tab rather then what I mentioned before.

I completely agree. However, and this is a big deal, integrating into the tab requires changes to several of the RC files which generate that tab - and therefore could change with each SVN release. My view was to try to avoid having to do anything more than add the "link" which is an extremely simple patch. There is another plug-in which does exactly that - and the required patching/modifications to RC files restricts it to specific versions (or endless version specific updates - which I'm not willing to do).

If you search on this subject - you'll see how much has to be done to RC to make it "sexy" within the tab. It is definitely not trivial.

Having said that - if you are offering to write the patches, I'll gladly add it to the site!!  8)

Offline joshenry

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
haha. if you want the product to work you don't want me writing patches ;-)

That sucks it's going to be a pain. Maybe they'll include it in one of the future patches cause this is a sweet addon.

Offline miron

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2007, 06:02:10 AM »
In the table users there is no password field. I installed the freemail addon i found on this forum and nou i have a useraccounts table that has both password and username fields. The problem is that i get this error:
[Thu Mar 29 12:45:49 2007] [error] PHP Notice: DB Error: no such field Query: UPDATE useraccounts SET password = ('XXXXl') WHERE username='xxx@xxx.xx' OR (username='xxx@xxx.xx' AND domain_name = '') [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'domain_name' in 'where clause'] in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/imail/program/include/bugs.inc on line 80

And if i put the users table:
[Thu Mar 29 12:58:44 2007] [error] PHP Notice: DB Error: no such field Query: UPDATE users SET password = ('xxxx') WHERE username='xxxx@xxxxx.xx' OR (username='xxxx@xxxxx.xxx' AND domain_name = '') [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'domain_name' in 'where clause'] in /home/xxxxx/public_html/imail/program/include/bugs.inc on line 80

I use the roundcube I got on the author's site, Installed and works. When I change the password I get the succesful message but the password as you can see, doesn't change. Any help will be grately appriciated! ???

Offline zietbukuel

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »
Thank you very mucho for this great plugin :) ;)

Offline kali

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2007, 11:01:25 PM »
Quote from: zietbukuel
Thank you very mucho for this great plugin :) ;)

You're welcome! I have not updated in a long while - although I use it myself for my clients. I'll check if there is a good update to this and post if there is a change of code.

Offline zietbukuel

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 12:15:14 AM »
Yes, you can update the skin and make it more like the default skin of roundcube so that is integrates better, the last release is working excellent for a big client I have,again, thanks a lot ;D. I'll be waiting for an update... :P

Offline sysadm

Change /etc/shadow password interest?
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
Quote from: kali;2490
Any interest from the community?

I'm pretty sure I can use the VERY pretty integration already done for IMAP passwd change and use the chpasswd utility for changing system passwords for users (using /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow). Useful if users are local systems users (ie. home directories, samba, uw-imap etc.)

If there is interest - I'll get to this. Seems very straightforward (and secure!) given the work and bug fixes already incorporated into this and squirrel's mod.

Hi, kali

Pls, recommend me about roundcube+localuser/passwd