Author Topic: Installing Roundcube on Centos 5.3  (Read 10763 times)

Offline mojoman

Installing Roundcube on Centos 5.3
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »
Hello,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to installing webmail software like Roundcube. I tried following the automated script but it did not work. It first complained about my php being too out of date. When I updated it using a RPM from a third party source it stopped complaining but the automatic installer would not let me start the configuration process. There was no "start button" that the configuration instructions said would be present once the diagnostic passed successfully.

Can someone help me get this configured on Centos 5.3 please? Please bear in mind I am a novice so the more detailed instructions the better.

I have the following packages on CENTOS:

php-common-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
php-cli-5.1.6.-23.2.el5_3
php-5.1.16-23.2.el5_3

Offline eddiechen

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:44 PM »
install the roundcube the quick way in centos5.3 is use iredmail

the iredmail 0.5,  roundcube is 0.21,

iredmail - Project Hosting on Google Code

you also read the article in howtoforge

iRedMail: Build A Full-Featured Mail Server With LDAP, Postfix, RoundCube, Dovecot, ClamAV,SpamAssassin, DKIM, SPF On CentOS 5.x | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:54:04 PM by eddiechen »

Offline mojoman

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »
Quote from: eddiechen;20759
install the roundcube the quick way in centos5.3 is use iredmail

the iredmail 0.5,  roundcube is 0.21,

iredmail - Project Hosting on Google Code

you also read the article in howtoforge

iRedMail: Build A Full-Featured Mail Server With LDAP, Postfix, RoundCube, Dovecot, ClamAV,SpamAssassin, DKIM, SPF On CentOS 5.x | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

I have installed iredOS but what I really need to do now is the following: How to configure an IMAP server with auto account creation: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config
How can I do this in iRedOs as I do not see an option when I see roundcube webmail to enter the imap server. Please advise
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:03:40 AM by mojoman »