Author Topic: "Move To..." in message list tools  (Read 6020 times)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
"Move To..." in message list tools
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:56 PM »
We have several webmail users who have many folders. Their folder list scrolls well beyond their browser window. Due to the fact that the folder list does not (and cannot, I believe) scroll dynamically when a user drags a message to the folder list, we'd like to have a "Move To..." dropdown in the tools, probably to replace the "Filter" dropdown.

We've found it is fairly easy to implement this locally by copying the dropdown code from skins/default/templates/message.html into mail.html, but doing so disables the ability for the vast majority of our users to drag-and-drop. That is also unacceptable, we really want both methods to move messages to be available.

So I'd either like have this added to a future build, or perhaps just a little advice on a better way to implement both movement methods than what I have already done.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
Thought I'd post an update to this topic. First, the addition of a "Move to..." choice in the later versions of the Right-click plugin (contextmenu) have reduced the pressure to implement this somewhat.

I was unable to get both a menu dropdown and the drag-n-drop working at the same time. So my workaround was to implement this as a skin choice, as shown here.

Steps to implement this are as follows.

1.) Edit the labels.inc file in whatever languages you use. The label to change is $labels['skin']. In my case, I changed it to:
Code: [Select]
$labels['skin'] = 'Move messages via';

2.) Copy the default skin folder to a new one for the skin with the menu option. For example, in Linux and using English, I did:
cp -Rp skins/default skins/Select\ in\ Toolbar

3). Rename the default skin folder to a name that makes sense to the normal behavior. In my case, I did:
mv skins/default skins/Drag\ and\ Drop\ (Default\)

4.) Edit skins/Select\ in\ Toolbar/templates/mail.html, search for the following line:

And add the line shown here just above it, like so:

Lastly, note that if any of your active plugins have skins folders in them, you may need to copy and rename to match the names of the skin selections in the master skins folder. The contextmenu plugin is an example, I had to copy the plugins/contextmenu/skins/default plugin and rename them to match the above to get the little menu icons to load.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:26:36 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

muneerunisha

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
I don't know anything about this but its very nice posting because i earned a lot in your message..
Thanks.....
Lifting Tackles Chennai - HJR Tools Mart

Quote from: ABerglund;21851
Thought I'd post an update to this topic. First, the addition of a "Move to..." choice in the later versions of the Right-click plugin (contextmenu) have reduced the pressure to implement this somewhat.

I was unable to get both a menu dropdown and the drag-n-drop working at the same time. So my workaround was to implement this as a skin choice, as shown here.

Steps to implement this are as follows.

1.) Edit the labels.inc file in whatever languages you use. The label to change is $labels['skin']. In my case, I changed it to:
$labels['skin'] = 'Move messages via';

2.) Copy the default skin folder to a new one for the skin with the menu option. For example, in Linux and using English, I did:
cp -Rp skins/default skins/Select\ in\ Toolbar

3). Rename the default skin folder to a name that makes sense to the normal behavior. In my case, I did:
mv skins/default skins/Drag\ and\ Drop\ (Default\)

4.) Edit skins/Select\ in\ Toolbar/templates/mail.html, search for the following line:

And add the line shown here just above it, like so:

Lastly, note that if any of your active plugins have skins folders in them, you may need to copy and rename to match the names of the skin selections in the master skins folder. The contextmenu plugin is an example, I had to copy the plugins/contextmenu/skins/default plugin and rename them to match the above to get the little menu icons to load.