Author Topic: SMTP, IMAP DB ERROR  (Read 7633 times)

Offline ntchun

SMTP, IMAP DB ERROR
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
I just install the roundcube mail today my server is win2k, runing php5 on iis . The installation no so succesfull first i having the problem with "HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed" but later i replace action="./ to action="./index.php which suggested on http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=135.0 and it working now 8)

i try to first login my email i got a login fail issues , i check the log/error i found out this :-\

[07-Sep-2006 12:15:00 +0200] DB Error: DB Error: unknown error Query: INSERT INTO users (created, last_login, username, mail_host, alias, language) VALUES (now(), now(), 'testing@compareit.com', '10.10.1.14', '', 'en_US') [nativecode=1364 ** Field 'preferences' doesn't have a default value] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\include\rcube_db.inc on line 479
[07-Sep-2006 12:15:00 +0200] PHP Error: Failed to create new user in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 584

and so i modify the user table set the preferences field to NULL and the problem solve :)

now i can log in to the mail and i try to send email with the attachment i found out another problem so i check the error log again i found out  :o

[07-Sep-2006 13:09:44 +0200] DB Error: DB Error: unknown error Query: INSERT INTO identities (user_id, del, standard, name, email) VALUES (1, 0, 1, '', 'testing@compareit.com') [nativecode=1364 ** Field 'organization' doesn't have a default value] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\include\rcube_db.inc on line 479
[07-Sep-2006 13:11:51] PHP Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for C:\WINNT\TEMP\rcm6.tmp in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\lib\Mail\mime.php on line 308
[07-Sep-2006 13:11:51 +0200] SMTP Error: SMTP error: No From address has been provided
 in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\steps\mail\sendmail.inc on line 253

so i go to create the identities on webmail and the problem solve now i able to send out email event tehere is a PHP Warning on filesize() function.  ;) i think developer need to check on this warning??!! or maybe this warning only happen on PHP 5 but not php 4?

After send email i still got the error message "Error occur while saving" :-\

so i go to error log check it again i found out
[07-Sep-2006 13:25:34 +0200] IMAP Error: Could not save message in Sent in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\steps\mail\sendmail.inc on line 0 :o

and then i dont know where locate the "Sent" and how i can solve this problem? :'(
do anyone have any solution for this please help me look at this problem
i need solution to put the webmail use for at lease 200 users during production time.

and i also found out after i viewing the new email i would like to add the sender to my address book
there is a error message prompt out said that "errorsavingcontact"
i go to check the error log again i found out

DB Error: unknown error Query: INSERT INTO contacts (user_id, changed, del, name, email) VALUES ('2', now(), 0, 'webmaster', 'webm@biker.net') [nativecode=1364 ** Field 'firstname' doesn't have a default value] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\include\rcube_db.inc on line 479

so i going to address book to add the user and i fill out every information and save the contact there is another error message prompt out and i go to check the error log i found out another error said that

DB Error: unknown error Query: INSERT INTO contacts (user_id, changed, del, name, firstname, surname, email) VALUES ('2', now(), 0, 'friend', 'ta', 'ch', 'ntc@gmail.com') [nativecode=1364 ** Field 'vcard' doesn't have a default value] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\include\rcube_db.inc on line 479

so how i can solve this problem ? ?please help me ..there is so many bugs and problem in webmail i dont know how i can put on production use now :'( i still playing around it

Thank ;)

Offline ntchun

Re: SMTP, IMAP DB ERROR
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »
After 2 day try finaly i solve all the problem now everything seen working i would like to share my exprience here. i running roundcube webmail on win2k mysql5 php5 with iis.

first if you have the problem with "HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed" when you try go to roundcube page. go to replace all the action="./ to action="./index.php which suggested on http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=135.0 and then you should see the roundcube log in pages.

u need modify few field in the database. First preferences field on user table set the NULL = YES second identities table with the organization field also set NULL = YES and then contacts table set the firstname, surname and vcard field NULL = YES.
If u done all the step state about u should have not problem for first time log in the roundcube can't auto create the indentities issues. You also can solve the issues cant add the conttacts on address books and on email.

Now the last things was the problem after sending the email the roundcube cant save the message on IMAP sent folder and i also found out i cant save the message to Drafts folder. I think because i using Ilohamail before so all the drafts and sents folder was already been create and record in the database so What i do is i delete the folder in roundcube and recreate again and i also go in the mailserver database modify the record because the "drafts" and "sents" word was in lowercase store in database. I suspend roundcute some soft of case sensity so i modify "drafts" to "Drafts" and "sents" to "Sents" and then now everything was working.

at last i still having the php warning on filesize when i try to attach the file with email but i dont have the problem to send the email with attachment. i think because of php5 which i not sure about that.

and the session of the roundcube was Expired from time to time.

sorry about my bad english if you dont understand what i write above please freely to ask me. :)

Offline joeharden

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »
Good work ntchun, and thank you so much! I was pulling my hair out trying to get this going on win2k, mysql5 and php5. You are the only one who put everything necessary in one simple post.

Great job!

Offline Solei

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
Thank you so much for the detailed information, ntchun!  This made everything run perfectly on Windows 2003 Server with Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.24, first shot.

You win! :3

Offline sniper7kills

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 06:33:38 PM »
OMG this helped so much thank you but im still lost with getting it to send messages i am running hmailserver and im still lost so any help would be great thanx

Offline sniper7kills

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »
never mind i re read it a like 100th time and i got it i fell like a noob lol sry but ya thanx for all teh help