Author Topic: HTML editor and default settings  (Read 7087 times)

Offline seansan

HTML editor and default settings
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:23:53 AM »

Some remarks when testing (and important for adoption)

- When using the HTML editor it would be nice if a default fontsize is set (larger then the 8pt font). Something standard like arial 10 pt (that can be seen with normal human eye).

- Also a small margin to the left of the edit field would be good (just like this text box). Now the font is directly formatted against the border (and looks strange)

- It would be good if a system admin could set the available options (basic 5 buttons, or all 20 available)

Offline seansan

Re: HTML editor and default settings
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:07:30 AM »

edited : editor_content.css in skins folder (tinyMCE)

Code: [Select]
body, td, pre {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 12px;
}

body {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
margin-left: 5px;
margin-top: 1em;
}

edited editor.js in program/js folder

Code: [Select]
theme_advanced_buttons1 : 'bold,italic,underline,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,emotions,forecolor,backcolor,fontselect,fontsizeselect, separator,undo,redo,image,media',
theme_advanced_buttons2 : '',

Now the editor shows a margin on left and top. Default font is 12pt Arial and I adjusted the menubar to only 1 row (with most common elements)

Offline jaredy

Re: HTML editor and default settings
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:05:10 AM »
Thanks, needed this.

Offline casper99

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Hello. I've got the same problem, but the solution above is only for the display inside the editor.

When you send the eMail, the receiver gets it with its standard formatting,
because the change of font-size in the CSS file, won't produce other HTML code of the email, containing the new Font-family or font-size.

Is there any possibility, that the font-size changes for the recipient, and not only for displaying while typing the message???

Offline anders

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
I am looking for this too. The person that gets the e-mail will not have any formatting on the font, and I want it to be viewed with the Arial font. Now the font is always Times New Roman, and that doesn't look very good...

Any solution for this?