Author Topic: Themes for 0.3-Stable?  (Read 10284 times)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« on: September 29, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »
I know that Julius Caesar is working on GroupVise for 0.3, but are any other themes either available or in progress for this version? Preferably something clean and simple like MVision or umich?
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:40:11 AM »
Well, I'm working on it (I have one operating now on my own server), but I think a better start from scratch. I have to many differences between the different browsers. Also the design in the default template has changed a lot compared to version 0.2.

Is there any documentation, or do I have to analyze the default template again to recreate/update theme GroupVice?
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline andros69

Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I did a crude theme for 0.2 but the presentation code has changed some much in 03-s that I'll have to start again form scratch.

Supposedly Theme/Skin documentation was part of 0.3 according to the roadmap and the website, but it's nowhere to be found. I've asked the developer and user mailing lists and nobody will reply. Guess the answer is no.

I still want to create a theme, but I see two major roadblocks:

1. It's still a beta product and there may be still lots of changes to the html/css code that would render my theme obsolete in any future version.

2. The way the template system works it seems counter-intuitive. I find myself having to override a whole bunch of css across multiple files when a single css file would make it a lot easier to manage. Specially for things that are almost identical in presentation.

It's a lot of work if you want to do anything beyond changing colors, fonts and graphics. Any layout changes, and you're in for some real work.

Offline hunterhdolan

Go With Air!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:07:23 PM »
You can't go wrong with Roundcube Air or Crystal Mail (comming soon) It is based on the origonal 0.3 theme so it works with 0.3-stable

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
We're going to wait for a 0.3 version of the UMich theme.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline gjrweb

Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 05:29:30 AM »
Is there a central themes database for the latest 0.3.1 release?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 06:01:23 AM »
They is only a couple of theme for RoundCube 0.3.1, there is a list of themes here: RoundCube Webmail Forum - RoundCube Forum Community Downloads - Themes & Skins However not all of them work with 0.3.1.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Themes for 0.3-Stable?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 11:46:29 AM »
Part of the problem in the past is that theme development for Roundcube has been difficult due to the rapid development cycle, and that there are so many changes to the core interface and function between versions. Themes developed for one version don't work in later versions for this reason. If I were a theme developer, I think I'd be waiting until the theme architecture was documented and I could count on it being stable for a couple of versions before I devoted much time to this. It would be disheartening to develop a nice new theme only to have it rendered broken when the next new version is released. Most theme developers are hobbyists - developing RC themes is not their job, and they don't have the time to continually keep updating their theme to track RC updates.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA