Author Topic: Change password error  (Read 5262 times)

Offline xy16644

Change password error
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:18:35 AM »
I have just enabled the change password plugin. Now when I login to Roundcube and select "Personal settings" I have a password tab. When I click it and try to change my password it says:

Could not save new password

In my /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/password folder I have copied the config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php. This is where I get stuck, I am not sure how to edit this file or what to put in it even after reading the README...:confused:

In my /usr/local/www/roundcube/config/db.inc.php I have configured RC to use MySQL:

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube: password@localhost/roundcube';

What do I need to configure in the password plugin config files to get this to work?

In the RC error log it says this when I try to change the password:

[04-Oct-2009 10:15:02 +0100]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: not found Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: SELECT update_passwd('$1$t`56jfh]$JSzx2UdtgyMshntPnh5FO0', 'MyUser')] [Native code: 1305] [Native message: FUNCTION roundcube.update_passwd does not exist]  in /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 627 (POST /roundcube/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=)

Can someone point me in the right direction? :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Change password error
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
the change password plugin is designed to connect to your server and change your password. there are a number of different drivers for different setups so you have to pick and configure the one that is right for you. it has nothing to do with the roundcube database, roundcube does not store users passwords. If you can tell us where your passwords are stored, and therefore which method you need to use to change them then we can probably help with the config.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline xy16644

Change password error
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;21909
the change password plugin is designed to connect to your server and change your password. there are a number of different drivers for different setups so you have to pick and configure the one that is right for you. it has nothing to do with the roundcube database, roundcube does not store users passwords. If you can tell us where your passwords are stored, and therefore which method you need to use to change them then we can probably help with the config.

Thank you!

When I setup a new user I just create a new account in FreeBSD so I guess my passwords are stored in /etc/passwd?

When I configured RC, the ONLY thing I configured was the MySQL database for RC to use...nothing else.

Is this enough info? Sorry if I sound vague but I am new to this...:)

How do I know what method I need to use to change the password?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:07:50 AM by xy16644 »