Author Topic: Settings Page is Blank after PHP 5.3.0 Upgrade  (Read 4024 times)

Offline mikefl420

Settings Page is Blank after PHP 5.3.0 Upgrade
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
I'm not really sure if one has to do with the other; however, after upgrading to PHP 5.3.0 there is nothing on the setting page (specifically the 'Preferences' tab... The others are fine) except the Advanced Settings checkbox and the Save button (neither of which do anything)

I kicked the logging up to the full on debug reporting -- nothing except the warning that the scripts should not rely upon the servers timezone. Nor does the error console in Firefox report any javascript errors.

I've not found anything in the forums yet, nor on google, and am hoping someone might have some idea as to what is going on.

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer!

Mike

Offline jaspersl

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »
Edit installer/check.php and remove all references to @dl(), that should do the job.

dl() is removed when using the SAPI.

Offline keihtan

more blank settings page...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:21:52 AM »
Hi!

I was using roundcube 0.2.2-stable from Debian Lenny package and wanted  upgrade to 0.3-stable, but that package for Debian do not exist yet. So I purged all data, program and database to start cleanly. Then I installed 0.3 step by step, and system works fine. Tried few plugins, most of them worked. Anyway, everything is OK when I use the "default" skin. But in version 0.2.2 I have skins "air" and "umich" which are both very nice. However, now when I applied them, I get nasty error: "SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE", with ERROR 501. I do "logout" and "login", most parts of themes are applied, but on page "Settings" 1st tab is empty, only with option "save" at the bottom. Tabs "Options" and "Identities" are OK. To remedy this situation, I must edit "roundcubemail" mysql database and delete all settings about theme on specific user which have this problem. In my installation map "installer" does not exist any more, as suggested by install tutorial, so I cannot fix that file "check.php". In "errors" log files nothing comes out (I mostly see only "authentication failed" for some users). Please, what could be wrong? For me, proper theme support is important as is plugins. Btw, my PHP version is 5.2.6.

Offline mikefl420

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
Quote from: jaspersl;21461
Edit installer/check.php and remove all references to @dl(), that should do the job.

dl() is removed when using the SAPI.

Following these instructions allowed me to see what I was missing in regards to PHP extensions- mcrypt was all... I've since added it and updated my php.ini to include the timezone; however, I am still getting a blank 'Settings > Preferences' tab.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Mike

Offline thatguy2009

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 04:58:08 PM »
Quote from: mikefl420;21479
Following these instructions allowed me to see what I was missing in regards to PHP extensions- mcrypt was all... I've since added it and updated my php.ini to include the timezone; however, I am still getting a blank 'Settings > Preferences' tab.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Mike

anyone have a fix for the blank settings panel?  this is the happening to each theme i've tried, aside from the default.