Author Topic: What is Roundcube?  (Read 4436 times)

Offline harshpthakkar

What is Roundcube?
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:21:36 AM »
Dear All,
Sorry for that silly question, but I thought of being double sure before going ahead.

I have a company which has it's own server in the office premises. Now I want my clients to register on my company's email

Example: client001@xyz.com
client002@xyz.com
Clients register themselves and check their emails here.

Now, the xyz.com domain belongs to me.

So, in all, I want to start an email service for them.

If I have got it right, "roundcube" is a program which will install an application on my server in my office, and the clients will be able to access the same and create new users and can check their mails. Am I right??

Now, since the application (roundcube) is in my office server, the database, (to store user names/passwords, etc and their EMAIL) will be in my office, which means that I will require atleast 500GB space (for 400 clients using 1GB each)

So, Roundcube is the solution to the above, right??

Also, if yes, a lot of tweaks are possible, right?
Like an admin account and all??

Please reply...

Yes, I will use Windows 2003 Server. Roundcube will work on it, right?

Offline fellaintga

No not quite
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »
You need your own mail server this is just a web portal.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
What is Roundcube?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:39 AM »
RoundCube is web mail email client like Thunderbird but online. You would need to have a email server (I would recommend hmailserver for a windows server) that would let you make and manage email accounts. You would then use RoundCube to connect to the email server so user could read there email. There are plugins for RoundCube that would allow users to register for new email accounts (Not all email servers have plugins for Roundcube, hmailserver does).