Author Topic: virtuser table  (Read 4755 times)

Offline sleezstak

virtuser table
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »
i did a quick search and came up with very little...does anyone have a tutorial for setting up a virtuser table? I'd like to give it a shot.

Offline delackner

Re: virtuser table
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »
I don't understand how to setup a virtuser table, but it doesn't seem to work right anyway. In the include file that tries to set $user to the result of using a virtuser table, if I replace that with $user = 'mymaillogin' I can login, but the from address in the Compose pane is set to mymaillogin@mailserver.domain.com when I really just want it to be real_email@real_domain.com

No idea how to proceed.

Offline robyn

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:20:53 AM »
hi

I use postfix with multiple domains and user aliases, all of these are maintained in /etc/postfix/virtual, so I used this path in my config and seems to work perfect! :)

for users with multiple domains it uses the first matching entry, I think

hope could help
(and sorry for my English ;) )

Rob

Offline ren

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 02:58:31 PM »
What if your mail DB backend (mysql) is running on one server, postfix (or other MTA) is running on a second server and the RoundCube interface is running on a third server?
This is the case for me. Everything works great so far, but when they send an email it comes from mail.mydomain.com instead of @their-domain.com. I can't place the virtual.cf path in main.inc.php because they're on different servers. Also, I should mention that I did put mail.mydomain.com in main.inc.php so that I don't ahve a drop down or text box for the server. I've also tested that various (multiple) domain users can log in and send; it's just with the wrong domain.

I don't want to/can't move roundcube to the mail server because it's not running a web server process. Any suggestions?
Thank in advance. ren