Author Topic: can roundcube be used as a consolidating/distributing service?  (Read 5830 times)

Offline alanapost

can roundcube be used as a consolidating/distributing service?
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »
hello, i have a client who uses aol mail (IMAP) but needs it to forward to her domain name email account (POP3). i've looked all over the place for a service that will convert IMAP to POP, and tried a lot of the options listed on http://www.emailman.com/aol/ , but it needs to be a web-based or hosted solution, not a program she'd run on her local machine (various reasons relating to having a blackberry). forward america ( http://www.forwardamerica.com/ ) isnt' accepting new accounts, and the recommendation for bigfoot didn't pan out (no consolidation of IMAP, POP-only).

does anyone with familiarity of roundcube think that it could be used to devise a solution to this? basically i need something that will regularly retrieve AOL mail over IMAP and can forward it via POP.

i'm sorry if this sounds confusing; i have been researching for hours with no results and am feeling slightly crazy haha (:

Offline jstephens

Re: can roundcube be used as a consolidating/distributing service?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
The POP protocol I thought was limited to only downloading messages. Which was why the IMAP protocol was created, as a more convenient way to access and synchronize users mail stores... It wasn't till much later that the option to retain a copy of the message on the server was added.

Anyways, I think your going about this the wrong way and need to look at whether AOL will let you forward incoming mail to somewhere else whilst retaining a copy itself (unless you already have).
I don't think what you're describing wont work. Unless I completely misunderstood what you're trying to do, which could very well be... :)

Offline Chadi

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »
How do I edit the default editor font size? Its pretty "tiny" right now,
appears to be about 7pt verdana.

I would like to make it 10pt Arial. Thanks.
Talk Jesus [ Awesome Facts ]

Offline Chadi

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
Anyone know about this?
Talk Jesus [ Awesome Facts ]