Author Topic: Installing on Hosting Account  (Read 8174 times)

cshowe80

Installing on Hosting Account
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
I have since resolved this issue and successfully have this installed and running on my Myhosting.com hosting account. I believe they will be posting a article on how to do this on their customer wiki site located at Main Page - myhosting.com Wiki in the near future.

The only thing I would like to suggest to the Roundcube developers is using the files in the SQL directory with a prefix of some kind to make it simpler on users with existing DBs

Offline dodger2876

Installing on Hosting Account
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:06:55 AM »
It would be nice to know how you solved that problem as I have the same one here.

First I created a new database in the MySQL menu of my webhoster, imported the mysql.initial.sql to create the tables and ran the installer. Both config files created properly with correct access details to the database (username, DB, password,...). But initializing the database causes this error:

DB Schema:  NOT OK(Error creating database schema: MDB2 Error: syntax error Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: /*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */; ] [Native code: 1064] [Native message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '; ' at line 5] )

Even if I drop all tables in the DB and run the installer (to maybe create the tables bit itself) does not work.

http://img280.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70343_Unbenannt_122_207lo.JPG

The DB is a MySQL 5 one.

The advice in the install-file also does not work:
# mysql
CREATE DATABASE roundcubemail /*!40101 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci */;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON roundcubemail.* TO roundcube@localhost
    IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
quit

>> "#1044 - Access denied for user 'db305468_1'@'127.0.0.3' to database 'roundcubemail' "

Can anybody help me? I am getting really frustrated and it will take not long and I will delete Roundcube.